Notices

Day 12, lots of changes

Old 01-08-2021, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12, lots of changes

Luckily, reading here gave me a heads up on things that might happen so I'm not too surprised.
lost 2 pounds...yea!!!
Sleeping better...yea!!! I do have to stay up later but when I go to sleep I'm out for hours.
Not processing stress particularly well yet, but I think I need to turn the news off, it may be overload. Snapped at my SO then burst into tears...not me. But we both got over it pretty fast.

Thank you!!!
Old 01-08-2021, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Feel all those feels Raeven and just let them flow. Hopefully your SO isn't too wounded. As drinking gets more distant in your rearview mirror, your emotions will be more in line with what is actually happening in the moment and you will be so much more even and quiet in your mind. 12 days is fantastic. Tough tough tough days those.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 12!

It keeps getting better.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic work Raeven! You're almost to two weeks. That is so, so amazing.. and puts you now within reach of permanent sobriety. I have also been emotional when I watched the events of the past couple of days. It brought up a lot of anger in me which is rather unusual. The serenity prayer helps to put things in perspective for me and I try to remember to be grateful (as hard as it is sometimes, lol).
Old 01-08-2021, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go on Day 12, Raeven! Quitting alcohol was like hitting the emotional reset button for me. It's challenging to find balance early on but keep going because it gets much much better.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am in the second week as well. What disturbs me most is that I feel bloated. Everybody was telling me that I would lose weight fast after quitting drinking, but it is not my experience. For the record, I monitor and even weight my food intake on myfitnesspal and I am doing MORE exercise. I was consistently losing weight in the fall. Hopefully it is a temporary thing.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with Advbike- serenity prayer has been working wonders for me the past few days. Congrats on 12 days Raeven!