Notices

6 weeks sober

Old 01-07-2021, 12:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jonathan Ashley

6 weeks sober

Hi everyone I’m new to this I’m 6 weeks sober from alcohol and cocaine use I used to binge on these every weekend and stay out for days on end with no sleep no food and heavily in debt and spend around 800 pound on drugs and beer in a weekend this has been going on for around 10 years or more I’m really ashamed of myself what I have put people through especially my family and my parents so six weeks ago I decided it was enough that I want to be a better person and do something with my life instead of throwing it away I’m really impressed with myself I’ve gone six weeks without anything alcohol or cocaine I’ve had to leave my so called friends behind who have never text me since my last binge with them unless I owe them money I hope this sober recovery can help me through this and stay on the right path thanks
Old 01-07-2021, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Jonathan.
You posted in our site troubleshooting section so I've moved your thread here for more response

6 weeks is a great start - you'll find a lot of support and good advice here

D
Old 01-07-2021, 01:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on 6 weeks sober jashley 1989.
I quit drinking 3 1/2 years ago using sober recovery, I joined the class of the month here, which was invaluable as it put me in touch with other people at the same point of the journey to get sober.
I came on here everyday to read posts and articles and to make myself accountable, I bought literature on drinking and read it daily, I made a promise every morning to myself, that for just this day I would stay sober.
I came on sober recovery when I thought I wanted to drink again and someone always talked me out of doing it, one memorable occasion I already had my coat on and one foot out of the door.
I ate regularly, because I always used to drink and not eat and eating sugary food can help with the cravings.
It was difficult on occasion but it is so worthwhile.
You will find all the support and help here that you could ever need.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! Hang around this place! It helps a lot!
Old 01-07-2021, 03:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jonathan Ashley

Originally Posted by Culture View Post
Well done on 6 weeks sober jashley 1989.
I quit drinking 3 1/2 years ago using sober recovery, I joined the class of the month here, which was invaluable as it put me in touch with other people at the same point of the journey to get sober.
I came on here everyday to read posts and articles and to make myself accountable, I bought literature on drinking and read it daily, I made a promise every morning to myself, that for just this day I would stay sober.
I came on sober recovery when I thought I wanted to drink again and someone always talked me out of doing it, one memorable occasion I already had my coat on and one foot out of the door.
I ate regularly, because I always used to drink and not eat and eating sugary food can help with the cravings.
It was difficult on occasion but it is so worthwhile.
You will find all the support and help here that you could ever need.
I’ve also taking up walking which when I feel the need to go out I just go for a walk and clear my thoughts and take in air that helps me
Old 01-07-2021, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jashley1989 View Post
Hi everyone I’m new to this I’m 6 weeks sober from alcohol and cocaine use I used to binge on these every weekend and stay out for days on end with no sleep no food and heavily in debt and spend around 800 pound on drugs and beer in a weekend this has been going on for around 10 years or more I’m really ashamed of myself what I have put people through especially my family and my parents so six weeks ago I decided it was enough that I want to be a better person and do something with my life instead of throwing it away I’m really impressed with myself I’ve gone six weeks without anything alcohol or cocaine I’ve had to leave my so called friends behind who have never text me since my last binge with them unless I owe them money I hope this sober recovery can help me through this and stay on the right path thanks
Those aren't friends those were acquaintances who you used drugs with. Stay away.

Good job on six weeks it sounds like you have had enough and are ready to make a change. Chase sobriety like you used to chase alcohol/cocaine and you will be fine. It will take a lot of work but your life will get progressively better as long as you stay sober. That's a promise!
Old 01-07-2021, 05:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome! Great support and new friends here
Old 01-07-2021, 07:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Friends are hard to come by, honestly. I have a few very close friends and they have my best interest in mind. They do not want to see me abusing myself with substances.

Shame. It is there for all of us. I too have felt shame around my alcohol use. Please know you are not alone in that department.

You should be very proud of your six weeks. Build on it. Keep moving forward. This forum has been a positive tool in my own recovery. The community has helped me immensely and I am very grateful and thankful.

You are doing fabulous!
Old 01-07-2021, 08:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 6 weeks of sobriety. I believe strongly in the benefits of walking daily.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Six weeks sober is a great start!

I too believe in the power of walking. It's an easy exercise and costs you nothing but your time. I walk my little dog every chance I get (when the weather is mild) and always feel better after we take a walk.

Read and post as much as you like. Lots of support here.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Jonathan! Fantastic job on 6 weeks of sobriety and working on the other issues too. Addiction can really cause us problems but you are pulling yourself up and I can tell you have the strength to put it behind you. Perhaps join the January 2021 class - you will make friends and get lots of support.

Be strong and remain vigilant!
Old 01-07-2021, 11:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 weeks sober!