Happy 2021 the covid recovery year

Old 01-01-2021, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy 2021 the covid recovery year

Going into my 7th sober month this January

For anyone struggling today, there is SO much more to life than the poison

SO much to be grateful for

And SO much life to live to the fullest

I posted the other day about worrying about death, ageing etc etc. Then I gave myself a big fat slap around the cheeks and said "get off the pity pot"

When I did, I took a breath and reminded myself of the readily available gifts that are there for us, some small, some big,. Not necessarily wrapped in a box with a bow on but I'm talking about the little miracles of life all around us

If you're struggling, you can get out and get better, you can!! You may not think it right now but you can!!

Happy new year to all on the forum, thanks to all the admin and people who make this all possible

God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference

To those struggling here's a thought.......

If you can summon the strength to pursue an active addiction to alcohol with intensity, will and determination...

Then you can most certainly reverse all of that and put all your effort into RECOVERY

Stewy x
Old 01-01-2021, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Resolution.....

Need to get rid of this stinking username
Old 01-01-2021, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Erica375

You are so right, Stewy! I need to work on bettering myself in so many ways, physically and mentally. I guess that's my New Year's resolution. But one day at a time.
Today I'm just glad to be here, sober, and I'm sooooo happy I didn't drink last night.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2021, 04:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post and certainly plenty of good things to think about. I understand those existential thoughts and nihilistic ponderings, and although I think they’re probably felt more deeply by alcoholics I know that they’re shard by all who are human.

Too true about the part where all the energy you put into drinking you can put to recovery. Happy new year!
Old 01-01-2021, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I hear ya on the username choices. I am leaving mine alone ..for now ...as that was a frame of mind at the time. I’m no longer torn about my relationship with alcohol. It’s a **** show and I’m almost two years sober and life on the other side has been a lot better. Curveballs and pet loss included!

I liked your deep thoughts post. I have those thoughts, it seems human to me. Process them, then go do something in the now, relish the present.

2021 I think I will renew a better effort on the sugar battle! Happy New Year!