SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Apology (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/451399-apology.html)

Dee74 12-28-2020 02:20 PM

Apology

not an easy post this but it was my mistake the site went down yesterday.
Looks like while banning some IP I somehow banned SRs server IP.

It has its funny side, sure... but I just keep reading today how people were worried freaked out or thinking of drinking and that upsets me ....mortified is probably a better word.

so I wanted to make a general and public apology.

Thank goodness the techs got right on it.

there is a back up for when the main site goes down - https://soberrecovery.proboards.com/ - but I don't inteNd to be the cause of the next shutdown.

D

SnoozyQ 12-28-2020 02:22 PM

No need to apologise Dee,it wasn't intentional xx

xx

venuscat 12-28-2020 02:30 PM

As far as I am concerned, it was a mistake that had some very positive consequences ~ a lot of people realised all over again that this site, and a daily program of recovery is essential. That makes me happy. That means more of us posting and looking after ourselves and each other.

Love you Dee. :hug: s ❤️

Steely 12-28-2020 02:31 PM

No worries Dee.

Everyone knows how easy it is to make an human error.

We're with you Dee.

Obladi 12-28-2020 02:43 PM

Mistakes, bah!
Happens to the best of us.

Like others, I had the chance to exercise my ‘It’s not all about me” muscles. :)

O

Zura 12-28-2020 02:44 PM

It's not your fault Dee, honestly. Stuff happens. It could have just as easily been due to a host of other reasons. You give so much here on SR, so many of us have benefited greatly from your work. Thank you for all you do :grouphug:

Zura 12-28-2020 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Obladi (Post 7564861)
Mistakes, bah!
Happens to the best of us.

Like others, I had the chance to exercise my ‘It’s not all about me” muscles. :)

O

I'm with you Obladi, not only did i get to exercise that muscle but it also made me use my self reliance muscles AND utilise the other tools tools Dee has been a big part in me learning

nez 12-28-2020 02:48 PM

I am pretty confident that everyone on here has at least one mistake as part of their history. Some of us, like me, have a lot more experience with mistakes. It is probably my ego speaking, but I think I have achieved legendary status on numbers of mistakes committed...but who knows, I could be wrong.

Speaking strictly for myself, the good you do Dee, far exceeds your flubs, so I think we should keep you around. :dance3:

Zura 12-28-2020 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7564852)
As far as I am concerned, it was a mistake that had some very positive consequences ~ a lot of people realised all over again that this site, and a daily program of recovery is essential. That makes me happy. That means more of us posting and looking after ourselves and each other.

Love you Dee. :hug: s ❤️

THIS! We love you both

nez 12-28-2020 02:55 PM

Information Technology, is also known as IT; and everybody knows that shi(nformation)t(echnology) happens.

Stuff Happens in Information Technology

LateBloominCait 12-28-2020 02:55 PM

No need to apologize. These things happen! Glad we are all back!

RAL 12-28-2020 03:01 PM

No need to apologize Dee. These things happen :) Venus makes a brilliant point too - it certainly made me realise how essential this site is for me on a daily basis.

Everything happens for a reason. Thanks for all you do on here Dee.

Tanky 12-28-2020 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7564844)
not an easy post this but it was my mistake the site went down yesterday.

It has its funny side, sure... but I just keep reading today how people were worried freaked out or thinking of drinking and that upsets me ....mortified is probably a better word.

so I wanted to make a general and public apology.

Thank goodness the techs got right on it.

there is a back up for when the main site goes down - https://soberrecovery.proboards.com/ - but I don't inteNd to be the cause of the next shutdown.

D

Dee, adding to the chorus that you do such an awesome job here and please don’t beat yourself up over one mistake. We all got to test our alternative tools and check our self absorption levels. I know I had exactly the same thoughts as many others - about how I had managed to get myself banned and not remember it - before accepting more logical reality that it was a site problem.

I checked some other sites. But none are as good as SR. So lucky to be here among such great folk.

Dropsie 12-28-2020 03:03 PM

It is a small relief to me Dee that you are not perfect, although so very close. Thanks for all you do, always.

Caramel 12-28-2020 03:04 PM

Dee :grouphug:

Steely 12-28-2020 03:04 PM

No pressure Dee. :)

venuscat 12-28-2020 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tanky (Post 7564880)
Dee, adding to the chorus that you do such an awesome job here and please don’t beat yourself up over one mistake. We all got to test our alternative tools and check our self absorption levels. I know I had exactly the same thoughts as many others - about how I had managed to get myself banned and not remember it - before accepting more logical reality that it was a site problem.

I checked some other sites. But none are as good as SR. So lucky to be here among such great folk.

(I shouldn't laugh, but you are so funny Tanky love....and so real. :))

....I was so surprised by how many people thought they had been banned....ok not laughing. At all.

https://i.imgur.com/a7f2ClC.gif

Also....I so agree....there is no other sobriety site like this one.
I am so grateful I found my home 7 years ago. :hug: s

Gettingcloser 12-28-2020 03:08 PM

Hi Dee
Please don't sweat this. You have helped so many people on this site. As someone else mentioned, this issue was a learning opportunity for some people here and I hope they use it that way for their own sake. You have become a very familiar "face" to me on this site and so many of us are glad you are here!

Steely 12-28-2020 03:08 PM

This is the only Club that will have me as a member. 😂

12JSAngel21 12-28-2020 03:12 PM

Oh gosh Dee, don't feel bad, just like this wonderful community we don't beat anyone up for making mistakes, gosh we all learn from our mistakes. :grouphug:

I actually learned something good about myself when the site was down for awhile. It showed me I am stronger inside than I thought! So I thank you for that! :)

Thank you for helping us all out Dee!