Notices

i'm changing!

Old 12-27-2020, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i'm changing!

Hey guys,

What a year it's been. Dare I say 2020 has been the best year of my life in most ways.
I've been off the weed for 378 days and have only drank a handful of times in that time.
My mind is calmer, I feel better, I look better and I feel more like a human being. This summer I reconnected with basketball and played a few times a week, the most since I was like 12. I wish I had stuck with it, as I grew to 6'3 and have always been decently athletic. The drinking and drugs really took a lot of things away from me. They were my main hobby from 18-27. All I cared about was going out to bars and getting f**ed up.

I just turned 28 and I'm not really sure what the future holds but I feel positive that things will work out for me. I hope the pandemic will end soon and I can go out and explore different hobbies and meet new people but in some ways COVID has been a blessing in disguise in keeping me out of bars.

There were times when I wanted to give up and I did. So many day 1s, "I'll quit tomorrow, or next week, i'm too young." So many ******** excuses I used to tell myself...

It's possible, don't give up.
Thanks for reading
-ready
Old 12-27-2020, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

That's fantastic to hear Ready!! It's great that you are quitting at a young age and have many sober, healthy & prosperous years ahead of you.
Please keep reading & posting on SR and let us know how it's going, take care