SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Merry (lockdown) Christmas Weekenders 25-28 December 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/451311-merry-lockdown-christmas-weekenders-25-28-december-2020-a.html)

Mags1 12-23-2020 11:22 PM

Merry (lockdown) Christmas Weekenders 25-28 December 2020

https://i.postimg.cc/vgBXrzfP/7-BC1-...250-F90-FF.png

It’s Christmas ....

...in 2020

We’ve isolated, locked down,

Cleaned hands with anti-bac gel a plenty.

Faces covered, eyes peeping over masks

Whilst carrying out our important tasks.

White ones, blue ones, all different you know

Masks of all colors of the rainbow.

https://i.postimg.cc/fLQFpQMK/852475...FE5-B7-E43.jpg

Keeping safe has been a priority

In schools, hospitals and work,

Supermarkets too, and the masses

following this strange life trying not to go berserk.

One more thing they don’t mention so I think I will,

is our sobriety.

Through thin and thick, down dale and uphill,

sometimes with anxieties.

Some day the virus will be gone

But for sure, our sobriety will live on.

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes. (We’re here all week too!) :)
:Xmasistar

Dee74 12-23-2020 11:30 PM

thank you Mags - nice work...as always, much appreciated :)
Merry Christmas to you and all the Weekenders :)

:Xmasistar
D

theVman31 12-23-2020 11:53 PM

Thanks for all the weekenders in 2020 Mags and all the OP's.
Thanks to all the weekenders for making this a great thread.

Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2021 to all.

Bisous (covid authorised)
Vinny

Caramel 12-24-2020 12:48 AM

Weather's been unfavourable this week so I haven't been out driving around town to view any Christmas lights, making do with an old favourite: (3:09)

Be123 12-24-2020 12:52 AM

Merry Xmas. I'm about to set off on a three hour walk to our nearest city and probably visit the cathedral, then on to my parents to sit outside in the cold and eat Xmas Eve treats. That is SO 2020

I havent craved alcohol for ages and don't want to drink but a few fleeting thoughts came (and of course went, as they do) these last few days so I'm staying close to here. I know I won't drink but I want to make that as comfortable a passage as possible

Happy Xmas all!!

Be123 12-24-2020 12:55 AM

Mags1 12-24-2020 01:44 AM

Dee, always appreciate all you do for us all. :yup:

Bisous Vinny :)

Caramel, wow such fantastic lights. ❤️

Be123, enjoy your walk, that’s some walking, 3 hours. It’ll be good to visit your parents, even from a distance.

We’ve just had snow! It’s too wet to settle and now the sun’s shining.

andyh 12-24-2020 02:14 AM

thanks Mags :tyou

it's rather a nice sunny morning here & it looks like it might be tomorrow too - I could do with getting outside in daylight, it seems like it's been a while since I last did!

stick close everyone & yule make it through xmas sober. :)

lunar 12-24-2020 02:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Mags!

A very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and all here on SR.

Dee, thank you for everything you've done and continue to do for all of us.

Priceless.

Jobu posed proudly for this photo for all of you guys!

No photoshop necessary, he wore his hat proudly!

Let us remember those who have passed on. :XmasaTheir legacy will persevere.

May their love endure forever. Love never dies. Remember that, folks.

May we all be sober, vigilant, and more loving towards one another, in this upcoming new year.

:Xmas9

MidnightBlue 12-24-2020 03:11 AM

Hi, weekenders!

Thank you for the thread, Mags!

Happy Xmas to those who celebrate.

Lunar - This is one fancy frog)

See you.

Robbie64 12-24-2020 03:13 AM

Morning Weekenders :wave:

We have snow! It's been piling it down all morning. It looks lovely outside. I'm off to my mum's shortly as it's her birthday today. Also Merry Christmas to all.

Awake61 12-24-2020 03:38 AM

first Christmas Eve sober in a very long time. Grateful that my kids are ok and I'm staying on the path. Hope however you celebrate is joyous in some way.

Mags1 12-24-2020 04:17 AM

Lunar, a very festive Jobu :nym

Robbie, oooh might be snowman-making snow :acca: happy birthday to your mum.

Awake, congratulations on your sober Christmas Eve :Xmasbstar

Hi Midnight :wave:

Kaily 12-24-2020 04:51 AM

Seasons greetings everyone. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/y6Z5P0Gr/tumblr...qam8o1-400.gif

ReadyAtLast 12-24-2020 05:13 AM

Thanks Mags

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it and happy holidays and best wishes to those who don't :)

Devizes 12-24-2020 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Robbie64 (Post 7562388)
Morning Weekenders :wave:

We have snow! It's been piling it down all morning. It looks lovely outside. I'm off to my mum's shortly as it's her birthday today. Also Merry Christmas to all.

So so jealous!!! It's beautifully cold down south but not the slightest trace of snow :sad2:

Love the frog, Lunar!

This will be my 9th weekend bulimia-free! Tomorrow, I hit TWO MONTHS!
:slider3::slider3:

biminiblue 12-24-2020 05:36 AM

Mags, This is so flippin' cute https://i.postimg.cc/fLQFpQMK/852475...FE5-B7-E43.jpg I want one.

The sentiment behind the OP could not be any better said.

It's been a year, eh? There are many things I'm going to do in 2021 to try to connect in real life with real humans. This year of living totally alone has not been my favorite - but we have all proved we can do hard things and not drink at them. We've made it sober and that is the most important thing.

You guys, I also did a first-time-ever with food. I bought one of my favorite Christmas treats and I didn't eat all of it as soon as I got home. I'll have some left for tomorrow! That's a huge Win for the angel on my shoulder. :lol: My TV died yesterday and I didn't go eat the whole thing! What?! Who is this person?

Devizes, you've inspired me to tackle my compulsion too. Well done, Devizes.

Many blessings to all Weekenders, you're my sober people.

https://www.rover.com/blog/wp-conten...time-Imgur.gif

Jobu is awesome, Lunar.

Devizes 12-24-2020 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 7562455)
You guys, I also did a first-time-ever with food. I bought one of my favorite Christmas treats and I didn't eat all of it as soon as I got home. I'll have some left for tomorrow! That's a huge Win for the angel on my shoulder. :lol: My TV died yesterday and I didn't go eat the whole thing! What?! Who is this person?

Devizes, you've inspired me to tackle my compulsion too. Well done, Devizes

Oh, Bim! That is most definitely a huge win. Eating half of something is so so much harder than eating none :c014:

You have helped me more than you know. I'm so happy if that inspiration is mutual :kiss: xxx

SoberLeigh 12-24-2020 06:25 AM

Thanks, Mags, for yet another fantastic and relevant Thread. The Christmas ornament is hysterical.

lunar, Jobu looks very festive in his Holiday Hat. Good song, that.

Kaily, I can almost feel those snowflakes on my eyelashes.

Enjoy the snow, Robbie.

Bim, your video reminds me of my son’s dog. It was his first snowstorm and he couldn’t wait to get out into whatever it was all over the ground in his world. He was let out into the back yard; the snow was very deep, dry and soft and all you could was a hump of white snow moving about the yard. Every now and then there was an emergent jump followed, again, by the hump of white snow moving about. He had to drag him back into the house.

Nice song and video, Caramel. Music and lights were so well synchronized. Thank you.

Love to all.

biminiblue 12-24-2020 06:26 AM

Well, to be fair I haven't opened it yet, Devizes. :lol: I may still eat it all in one sitting. No promises. It's Covid Christmas - I may lose all my good intentions. None is a LOT easier than some.

Thanks though.

Leigh, that gif was titled, "Puppy's first snow."