Notices

Merry (lockdown) Christmas Weekenders 25-28 December 2020

Old 12-28-2020, 10:33 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
I keep wondering where @CaptainHaddock and @Willow are?

I hope you are both okay.

Being locked out made me think of all the people I was going to miss if we never got back in ( I can be known to catastrophize ) and the missing people.

Yeah, I'm worried about Willow.

Venus, Dee, MorningGlory, and I went to https://soberrecovery.proboards.com/ when the main forums were out. It's a back-up site. You have to create a new account, but it's a good back-up to have. I've been there a few times over the years. Gotta have my SR.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:57 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

Venus, Dee, MorningGlory, and I went to https://soberrecovery.proboards.com/ when the main forums were out. It's a back-up site. You have to create a new account, but it's a good back-up to have. I've been there a few times over the years. Gotta have my SR.
I thought I had bookmarked the back up site. Turns out I hadn't! I will do it now.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:13 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I thought I had bookmarked the back up site. Turns out I hadn't! I will do it now.
I even wrote it down somewhere off my computer because I've lost bookmarks when computers die.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:23 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Who knew you were so organised. Now where is my pen ...
Old 12-28-2020, 11:31 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Very very late to the party, but I’m in! I’ll read to catch up but I hope everyone made it through the holiday mostly unscathed.

Christmas at my house was quiet, but nice.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:33 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hey, MLD, I was reading the Weekenders thread on the backup site.

Remember that murder/suicide thing in your town back in April? Did you know any of them?

Feel free to ignore me if you don't want to talk about it.

https://soberrecovery.proboards.com/...xtended?page=2
Old 12-28-2020, 12:12 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Samantha

I somehow made it without thinking of drinking once. I was so busy this weekend....working, cooking and dropping off food for people. Went to look at the lights obviously....that really increased my mood!
Old 12-28-2020, 01:51 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hey Bim, I didn’t know them personally but it was one degree of separation. My boss and my daughter both knew them. So sad.
Old 12-28-2020, 02:12 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
RAL

Venus, Dee, MorningGlory, and I went to when the main forums were out. It's a back-up site. You have to create a new account, but it's a good back-up to have. I've been there a few times over the years. Gotta have my SR.
There is a willow posting in the Dec class. Not sure is it's the same one. hope that's ok to say but just as you are worried.
Old 12-28-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks for the backup link Bimini - I've saved it on my main screen
Old 12-28-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
There is a willow posting in the Dec class. Not sure is it's the same one. hope that's ok to say but just as you are worried.
Thanks, RAL - the Willow I meant is a different one. She's an Aussie, and the one in your Dec thread is a different member. I was thinking of @Willow68
Old 12-28-2020, 05:51 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hoping that Willow will bounce back soon, or maybe she's just on one of those long camping trips with no cell service.

On an overnight work trip and staying at a hotel where I normally stay a few times a year. Until January, the routine here would have been to stumble over to the Mexican restaurant next door after becoming sufficiently inebriated in the room. Then drinking a couple of more modelos or something with my carne asada while managing to make an azz of myself by screwing up what little Spanish I know. It's satisfying to think back on it and realize the progress that has been made. Other than the whole covid thing, 2020 has been one of the best years of my life.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:29 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Magsie

CityBoy, 2020 has had its good moments, I agree.

I’ve not seen Willow on 24’ers either

I’ve made a note of the backup site Bim, thank you.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:36 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Magsie

Samantha, glad you made it through. Really thoughtful and kind to make and drop off food.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:49 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Thanks, RAL - the Willow I meant is a different one. She's an Aussie, and the one in your Dec thread is a different member. I was thinking of @Willow68
Seems I tagged the wrong Willow - but my heart and thoughts were in the right place. Her and CaptainHaddock were both posting in the July class but neither are now.

Did you take any pics on your walk Bim? We would love to see them.

Well done Samantha, keep moving forward.

RAL I emailed admin when the site went down, otherwise I would of been signing up for a new account too. That said I would hate to lose all my history on the site. Sometimes I need to look back and remember just how bad things got.

Still cold here but nowhere near as frosty as yesterday. The good thing about frost is that is freezes all the mud!

Old 12-29-2020, 12:20 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning Kaily I hope you are keeping well and have had a good holiday season. Love your pictures and lucky you having snow-I'm envious

Yes that's a good point about history although I tend not to re read my old posts. I had a previous name back in 2011/2012 then changed it to readyatlast for a fresh start and went on to have 3.5 years sober. I am positive and hopeful for the same thing this time

Many congrats on your sober time btw - you're doing amazingly! I remember us back in the daily class in 2019.

Old 12-29-2020, 01:03 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Thank you RAL. It was actually November class 2018! I was disappointed when you disappeared. This is your year, I know you can do it. I for one will be cheering you on.

No we don't have snow, just ice. Pretty as snow looks, being a walker I am not a fan.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:16 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
RAL

Thank you RAL. It was actually November class 2018! I was disappointed when you disappeared. This is your year, I know you can do it. I for one will be cheering you on.

No we don't have snow, just ice. Pretty as snow looks, being a walker I am not a fan.
I'm so sorry - time certainly flies! Congrats on even more sober time than I realised Thanks for your kind words.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Well, we have proper deep snow here!! I can’t get my car out so I am super glad that I have everything I need food wise in the freezer or fridge. The view from my house is magical

I’ve been keeping busy doing another major house clean. Emptied out the back porch and disinfected it all, cleaned the carpets and washed all the jackets and coats. I have also used the carpet cleaning machine on all the carpets in my house, moved the living room furniture around, cleaned out the fridge and oven, done 6 years of bank statement shredding, a pile of ironing, washed all the cat bedding (of which there is lots lol). It’s kept me away from the alcohol which is the main win.

Hope everyone is well and if you are lurking Willow say hello, we miss you xx
Old 12-29-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

I hope everyone is keeping well today.

Despite having a decent sleep for two nights running I'm still feeling tired this morning and could easily go back to bed! However I'm about to head out to do some shopping. I'm sure walking outside will wake me up - the ground looks iced over and I hate walking on ice...

MantaLady - I'm jealous you've got snow. I love it when it snows.