Notices

Merry (lockdown) Christmas Weekenders 25-28 December 2020

Old 12-24-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Well, to be fair I haven't opened it yet, Devizes. I may still eat it all in one sitting. No promises. It's Covid Christmas - I may lose all my good intentions. None is a LOT easier than some.

Thanks though.

Leaving it unopened for this long is a challenge already successfully met.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-24-2020, 07:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welp, when you wake up Pops at 2 A.M., the catch-up Nap seen in progress below is a fine Xmas Eve idea. Attractive Xmas Tree Branches and Antique Ornaments from Poland are a Puppy-incompatible non-starter this Year, but we've chalked that up to being simply more of The New [Ab]Normal characterizing 2020. No large deal.

8 F [-13 C] Degrees before Dawn this Morning, so that makes for a brisk Bowser Bathroom Break under Cloudless, fabulous Dark Skies up here.

Being one to occasionally 'put the Pro back into Procrastination', I gotta pick up a Xmas Card today for MesaMate after I dump our Recycling. I also plan to make a hefty Cash donation to an independent Pooch Rescue Center on a Gal's Ranch that's kinda on the way. Spread some green cheer!

A Safe Socializing Meal outside tomorrow with our BFFs around their lovely Fire Pit is on tap. Our Pooches can run around and jump into some minor Snow piles. Celebratory Fizzy Apple Juice suits us just fine these Days, and ensures that we skip the Doo Wop DUI Story The Youngsters harmonize about.

Play it safe, Friends, and thanks Mags!

'Christmas In Jail' ~ The Youngsters

Old 12-24-2020, 08:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Compliments of the season to all
Old 12-24-2020, 10:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Seasons Greetings to everyone! xx

Old 12-24-2020, 11:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you for the OP Mags and for hosting the thread throughout this disturbing year.

Welcome Be123!

Happy Birthday to your mum Robbie, it is my youngest's Birthday too, she is cursed to get combined presents.

No snow in London and almost no people out, it was unnerving.

Merry Christmas Weekenders!

Old 12-24-2020, 12:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas fellow Weekenders!

Thanks Mags for the thread and all you have done to host it this year. It has been a strange but thankfully sober year for me, full of hard work, tests and minor successes. SR, particularly the Weekenders, has been a great source of support so thank you all.

Warm wishes to everyone as always. Keep fighting the good fight. Forwards.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mesa
Old 12-24-2020, 04:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Old 12-24-2020, 04:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Weekenders and to all at SR!
Old 12-24-2020, 06:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thank you Mags & Hello Weekenders

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!!
Those are some pretty cute frog & puppy pics

I spent the day buying last minute stocking stuffer type gifts & depositing them on stoops/front porches. Some new folks touched my life this year and it was a small way to say thanks. 2020 has been a very strange & stressful year but also filled with many blessings and moments of joy.
Wishing everyone a peaceful & sober weekend....

Old 12-24-2020, 08:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sap, happy birthday to your youngest hope she had a good day considering the lockdown.

lunar, really nice giving to the pooch rescue center.

I’m awake at the crack of dawn, body clock still out of sync. I read that certain parts of your sleep different parts of the body heals and repairs. Fascinating..

Merry Christmas to all weekenders, hope it’s a good and relaxing sober Christmas.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

May all our days be peaceful and safe, be they solitary or with family, festive or not. Lets do our best to relax and be happy.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hello Weekenders! Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it.

We're in the middle of a winter storm advisory. We have at least 6 inches of snow so far, with more still falling. The street in front of my house looks terrible, snow covered and slick. In my drinking days, I would be worried the roads would be too bad to drive on to go get my wine. And bad roads or not, I'd go out to get my 'fix'.

Glad those days are gone.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

A repeated post for xmas day.
I awoke feeling like shite, as is oft on xmas with no immediate family. I attempted to stay in bed and languish in self misery, but the recovery tools kicked in, so I scrubbed my living space, did washing and dishes and had a shower and felt human. Then the xmas ldinner with 2 friends who are in the club we all are in- all sober. All with broken families and lots of sadness- but my incessant babbling and energy and a walk on a lovely beach got us all much lighter in mood- reminiscing about funny comedy shows that are bad, with simple- but healthy food and lots of stories. We all felt much better for making an effort.

So like every day- the lesson for me is to mindfully appreciate what I have today, not the ruminate over what was- or may have been. I am grateful for the friends and the day. My youngest son sent me a message last night and I sent my oldest a message mid morning instead of playing the 'your turn' game. He responded- so I am grateful for the contact.

Nearly 9 at night on xmas day here. I hope all have a safe, happy and peaceful xmas.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Yuletide greetings to all. I've probably posted this before, but still my favourite "xmas" card:

sounds like you made the best of your day PJ
Old 12-25-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

Although it's dry and sunny outside a car has just parked up outside the next door neighbour's house and the roof is covered in snow. I can only assume that it must be snowing on the outskirts of town. According to this BBC news report parts of my area have seen snow this morning https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55445380
Old 12-25-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

No snow here but the hills and fields were very frosty this morning when I got up. Snow of forecast tomorrow and the day after but not holding my breath!

My mum is picking me up at 13:30 and then off to hers for Xmas dinner, really looking forward to eating till I am in a coma haha! Had a mad few days house sorting for the new year, moved all the furniture round in the living room, will be cleaning the carpet tonight before I go to bed (being sober helps lol) and getting the fire going overnight so it’s dry when I wake up. I am determined to make 2021 a better year. Relapsed so many times this weird year, don’t want to take this into another year. I did it before and can do it again, need to stop using COViD as an excuse and get back to using the tools I know work!

All the best everyone and much love xx
Old 12-25-2020, 04:50 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Merry Christmas, everyone! Going into my fifth sober weekend. We got snow two days ago and it looks like winter wonderland out there. Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 12-25-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone. We're going to have a lot of guests over despite government guidelines. Pretty nervous. My social anxiety acts up in these situations. My sister unfortunately won't be coming as she's a close contact of someone with covid. I was looking forward to meeting her dog.

Last christmas I spent it holed up in my room until I could go buy beer on Dec 26th. This year I'm trying to be present for the festivities.