Notices

thanks for letting me be here

Old 12-23-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thanks for letting me be here

approching 7 months feeling very depressed latley looking for some cool people around my time in the same path of life as me thanks for letting me be here! god bless
Old 12-23-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome jtjake
you'll find a lot of understanding and support here

D
Old 12-23-2020, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm too cool for the sun. 😎

Seven months is great Jtjake, and Christmas can be a depressing time of the year, this year in particular. Don't be sad, we're doing great. Each and everyone of us. Slow boat to freedom we sail.

I just made 12 months after long time trying. It is so much better, and so very grateful. I'm sure you can state same, even if feeling down. It'll turn around, as time and you build. Just you wait and see.

Just keep hanging here, people are all cool. You don't get sober if you're not.

A pleasure to have you, and hope you spend Christmas Day reflecting on how good it is going to be. I'll be looking over a Bay here in Sydney, trying to do same.

Were in bro!

Old 12-23-2020, 07:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sober style

Thanks for being here, Jtjake! SR is the place to be, the right scene to make for sure. The sober scene. Congrats on your 7 months too, that's terrific.

Old 12-23-2020, 07:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HEY! Welcome.
Im sorry to hear you are feeling down. This time of year can really do a number on people. I hope this community can lift your spirits a bit. It surely has helped me in such a big way lately.
Congrats on your sober time!
Old 12-23-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jtjake View Post
approching 7 months feeling very depressed latley looking for some cool people around my time in the same path of life as me thanks for letting me be here! god bless
Hey Jt.... I remember the depression I was battling at 7 months. Been there for sure. The great news is that 7 months is also a tremendous foundation of sobriety from which to really work on the depression. I know for me, it took about the first year just to get enough sobriety, clarity, self-awareness and recovery experience under my feet to begin making progress on my depression.

You're in a good place to find support, input, ideas, inspiration, friendship and understanding. That alone goes a long way.

Hang in there.... you can do this!

Old 12-23-2020, 11:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cool

WElcome and keep up the good work.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

7 months! Don't be down! Be proud! Consider every month as a step higher out of the dark and into the sun.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome and congratulations on 7 months!
Old 12-24-2020, 09:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. The holidays sort of get to me too. But I'm happy that I'm sober to get thru them without making myself more depressed and regretful.

Seven months sober is great! The one suggestion I have for anyone feeling down or unsure is to practice gratitude every day. I was told to do that when I was around 3 months sober and 'wasn't feeling it'. It was hard at first cause I was depressed thinking of the wreckage I had to clean up in my life. But I kept on, finding gratitude anywhere and everywhere. Nothing too small to be grateful for.

Here's an article about how gratitude rewards us.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/o...pier.html?_r=0
Old 12-24-2020, 10:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome To SR! Congratulations on 7 months, you will meet lots of amazing people on here.
Old 12-24-2020, 10:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad you're here. I'm 5 months over and off and on I wrestle with sadness and loneliness. I think we're still really early in this process. Our minds and our bodies and our souls are recovering and growing. The recovery timeline is something we have little control over. We just have to keep doing the next right thing. In this case, you were feeling down so you reached out. You are growing. We will be ok. Bless you buddy.