Old 12-24-2020, 12:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The brittle, brutal selfishness and self-loathing
Old 12-24-2020, 02:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Fear
Old 12-30-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

• I don't miss the constant sweating. I hated always feeling sweaty and dirty. I can actually wear the covid mask for a long time without feeling like I am going to pass out. I Love feeling clean now and smelling clean.
  • I don't miss the waking up at 2AM and staying awake for hours, mind spinning about dumb stuff, heart pounding. I Love wonderful restorative, restful sleep. LOVE it!
  • I don't miss making mountains out of mole hills and creating drama and problems. I Love being calm, in control, relaxed, able to walk away from drama and not engage in it.
  • I don't miss hating myself, absolutely being disgusted with myself because I couldn't seem to quit guzzling poison even when it was making myself physically and mentally sick. I Love, loving myself again, feeling like I am special and I am worth it, and how I do want to live and enjoy and breathe the good life.
  • I don't miss the depression, that dark ugly place. I Love having hope and goals now.
  • I don't miss the foggy brain, indecisiveness, not caring, not doing, lazy, unmotivated person I was. I Love feeling alive finally!
  • I don't miss it. I know my brain and body have been damaged from it and will take time to heal and cravings will pop up, but I know that I can heal and get better, a lot better. I Love that I am doing this.
  • I don't miss it.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

I don't miss being late to everything, even funerals.
I don't miss never keeping my word.
I don't miss hating myself because I couldn't pull it together, even for my loved ones who desperately needed me.
I don't miss wondering where I hid my bottles and becoming paranoid over who might find them or worse, if I couldn't find them and had to buy replacements.
I don't miss wondering where all my money went each day, week, month.
I don't miss looking and feeling bloated, being unhealthy and overweight, looking much older than my real age.
I don't miss anything about drinking, period!

Old 12-30-2020, 06:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
I don't miss being late to everything!
I had to laugh, albeit uneasily as my former lateness habits lost me a few jobs over the years. Now I’m sober (a few hours short of two years ), I have so much more time and am never late. Ex-colleagues of mine wonder how I can be a teacher when I never turned up until 10am. That was then but this is now.