Notices

Relapsed and messed it up

Old 12-21-2020, 03:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

a fantastic way to honor someone we've loved and lost is to live a life they'd be proud of.... to live sober and present and to cherish the life we're given.... showing others how to do that same thing.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 12-21-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Good idea to wait until you speak with your sister. Get you head together best you can and seek rest. Water is important.

My brother died in nursing home during a lockdown here, and understand the hurt, the feelings all over the shop.
I know in my heart that he would not want want me to get high over it.

Your thoughts will be scattered so try best you can to rest. It's what you need right now. That, and NOT picking up.

Things will improve gradually by just taking these first simple steps.

Tomorrow is another day. A better day.
imm so so sorry to hear about your brother. My condolencesss and thoughts sent your way. Yess I can’t speak to my sister unless I’m sober and okay, she would be so disappointed in me, as I am in myself.

THANK you!! Sadlyyy I picked up againb this morning ugh ((( but that’s ls the last of the addy that I have. andd I’ll delete the number. Took off From work so I can get it together. The funeral is next Week so I need to be together for that. You’re right, he wouldn’t want me getting high over it. I need to get my **** together. I haven’t slept now in like a little over 2 days, hopefully sleep happens soon. Thank you again for the kind words!
Old 12-21-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandfather, especially that you didn't get a chance to see him.

I hope you decide to stop drinking now and get back on track. Get some rest, drink some water, eat something and you will be okay.
thanj you. I appreciate the kind thoughts. It’sas soon very hard and I wish I had been thee chance to say goodbye and I love him. I’ve been taking addy, not drinking but it’s all the same in that’s a drug and not good lol. I’m hoping I can get some restr today and get it together. I mightt call a close friendd of mine to come overr (he’s has the COVID antibodies and is very careful so id be okay seeing him) I really appreciate the support! I feel horribleee I used again
Old 12-21-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Oh wow. I am so so sorry for your loss and I understand exactly how you feel as I was unable to say goodbye to my beautiful nan before she passed, many years ago now and I would drink over that pain. I didn't know your grandad but I feel confident that he would not want you drinking or using over his passing and to be in this kind of pain. I know that my nan would not have wanted that for me.

As addicts and alcoholics our old solution when we are in pain is to drink and use to take that pain away however as you are experiencing now, it doesnt take it away only makes it 100 times worse.

You've slipped up but dont beat yourself up. You dont have to drink or use again stay close for support, dont pick up again and get back on the sober train. I know the feelings are painful but as painful as they are they won't kill you. we can get through anything without a drink or a drug.

Sending you lots of love and prayers

♥️🙏
THANK YOU!! So so sorry I didn’t get to say goodbye to your beautiful nan, imm sure she is veryyy proud of you right now! You’re rjfht, he wouldn’t want mee to use and I should snop now. I used again this morning, legit just picked up the pill without thinking about it grr, but that’s the last of the addy I have, soo the last time. I got no sleep last night and been ip for 2 days and feel like ****. It doesn’t help at all and I really do wanna be sober again. The funeral is next week so I’m gonna have it together by then. i’ve been selected by my family to give the speech, since I work in PR and been tolddd I’m a good writer and public speakers, so I gotta have it together then. You are so right! We can get through anything without a drink or a dragon feelings won’t kill me, even if it feels like it!!! Thank you! Tomorrow will be day 1, might as well call out for the rest of the week and take the time. Sorry I’m rambling, I’m more concise usually. I appreciate e the kind words and thoughts! <3
Old 12-21-2020, 06:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
I deeply understand the pain of not getting to say goodbye to someone you love.. And also the pain of saying goodbye to your love. What has helped me don't isolate yourself call a friend a family member who close. But if you choose to be alone it's okay too. Check in tomorrow let the SR family know how you are feeling.
thank youuu! I want to call my sister but I can’t because I’m high and she’s be disappointed in my (rightfully soo) so I’m tryingff to deal with it myself, might call a close friend though. I used again today and feel even more like **** but I’m done I don’t have anymore addy and I’ll delete the number so I can’t getmore. Feeling wiseee, I feel horrible, tired, sad, anxious, energized, guilty, bleh, hopeful. All the feelings. I want to be sober and make my gpa proud. Thank you again.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
I'm sorry for your loss! I'm sure you grandfather wouldn't want you to suffer though. I know you can get back to sobriety!
thank you!! You’re right, he reallyyy wouldn’t. He’s dealt with addition innn his pasttt and was so proud offf his 26 Yearsss of sobriety and was proud of mee for getting sober too. I knowe he wouldn’t want me to be relapsingg. Thank you! Tomorrow is day 1. Sorry if I don’t make sense, haven’t slept in over 2 days lol. Thank you again! *hugs*
Old 12-21-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
a fantastic way to honor someone we've loved and lost is to live a life they'd be proud of.... to live sober and present and to cherish the life we're given.... showing others how to do that same thing.

I'm sorry for your loss.
thank you! You’re soo soo right and I really want to do that. I gotta get it together! Tomorrow will be day 1. I wanna make my grandpa proud of me. I know I haveee a lot of offer when I’m sober and in my right mind. Thank you again.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SendSleep View Post
thank you! You’re soo soo right and I really want to do that. I gotta get it together! Tomorrow will be day 1. I wanna make my grandpa proud of me. I know I haveee a lot of offer when I’m sober and in my right mind. Thank you again.
Best way to make "tomorrow" your day one is to make TODAY your day one.

how? Well, stop drinking / drugging / addictive thinking, NOW.

EMBRACE SOBRIETY.... NOW.

How?

Say it out loud:

"I am powerless against alcohol and my life has become unmanageable"

Then, think about something you know to exist outside yourself... sometime, perhaps, like the sun. It rises every day. You are powerless to stop it. Whether you drink or don't, it rises and it shines.... you must be powerless against it, too... it must be a power greater than yourself AND alcohol.

So, thinking of that thing..... say that "I believe that this power greater than me can help restore me to sanity:

And finally.... say "I turn my will and my life over to this power greater than me, as I understand it"

And then say "HELP ME..... PLEASE, HELP ME live a life of sobriety and presence....."

It begins right NOW, not tomorrow.... now.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Best way to make "tomorrow" your day one is to make TODAY your day one.

how? Well, stop drinking / drugging / addictive thinking, NOW.

EMBRACE SOBRIETY.... NOW.

How?

Say it out loud:

"I am powerless against alcohol and my life has become unmanageable"

Then, think about something you know to exist outside yourself... sometime, perhaps, like the sun. It rises every day. You are powerless to stop it. Whether you drink or don't, it rises and it shines.... you must be powerless against it, too... it must be a power greater than yourself AND alcohol.

So, thinking of that thing..... say that "I believe that this power greater than me can help restore me to sanity:

And finally.... say "I turn my will and my life over to this power greater than me, as I understand it"

And then say "HELP ME..... PLEASE, HELP ME live a life of sobriety and presence....."

It begins right NOW, not tomorrow.... now.
thank you!!! I have slept for a few days and am ready for sobriety. I have deleted my dealers number and am going to see about attending a zoom NA meeting. I need to stay sober for myself and my family and in my grandfathers memory. The funeral is Sunday and I will be giving a speech then. I’m determined to make it through sober and continue to do so. Thank you again and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SendSleep View Post
thank you!!! I have slept for a few days and am ready for sobriety. I have deleted my dealers number and am going to see about attending a zoom NA meeting. I need to stay sober for myself and my family and in my grandfathers memory. The funeral is Sunday and I will be giving a speech then. I’m determined to make it through sober and continue to do so. Thank you again and Merry Christmas!
A speech for your grandfather's memory and your family's comfort is a grand reason to remain sober and to be present and clear, authentic and full of heart with your words.

How are you today?

What are you feeling?

Where in your body is the feeling? Is it able to move through? Are you able to connect with it?

My thought would be; spend some time quietly sitting with your feeling. Try a simple meditation or two. Write for your speech, journal about your grandfather and your own struggle and reflect on what this moment in your life's journey holds for you in terms of lessons, insights, connection to your authentic self.

Keep checking in here regularly. You're in a delicate spot and it can be easy to make a poor decision (I know, I just did yesterday with respect to cannabis because of not being with and reacting to my emotions in a healthy way).

You've got this! Sobriety / drug-free presence will serve you so much better and honor your grandfather and your family so much more fully than a drink or a drug.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

A speech for your grandfather's memory and your family's comfort is a grand reason to remain sober and to be present and clear, authentic and full of heart with your words.

How are you today?

What are you feeling?

Where in your body is the feeling? Is it able to move through? Are you able to connect with it?

My thought would be; spend some time quietly sitting with your feeling. Try a simple meditation or two. Write for your speech, journal about your grandfather and your own struggle and reflect on what this moment in your life's journey holds for you in terms of lessons, insights, connection to your authentic self.

Keep checking in here regularly. You're in a delicate spot and it can be easy to make a poor decision (I know, I just did yesterday with respect to cannabis because of not being with and reacting to my emotions in a healthy way).

You've got this! Sobriety / drug-free presence will serve you so much better and honor your grandfather and your family so much more fully than a drink or a drug.
thank you!! The funeral was today and I gave the speech, it was terribly sad but I made it through sober. I’ve started journaling like you said and it’s been very helpful with processing my grandfather’s death and my life at the moment/insights/future goals and lessons.

yes, I plan to check in regularly as I think when I started not to check in, it put me in a position to have a harder time saying no to temptations. How are you doing today?
Old 12-27-2020, 02:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you got through today sober, sendsleep

D
Old 12-27-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well done on getting through today sober. My thoughts are with you
Old 12-27-2020, 09:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You did some amazing work today. I was thinking of you tonight actually. I was wondering how you were doing and how the funeral went, knowing that you were giving a speech. Its good to see you have checked in and are starting to journal.
I am sorry for your loss. Truly.

Old 12-28-2020, 12:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Samantha

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Do you not get a few days off work for bereavement?
I dont think everyone will know your high...it's usually not as bad as you think!
Old 12-28-2020, 06:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm really glad you got through today sober, sendsleep

D
thank you! It was hard but I’m so proud
Old 12-28-2020, 06:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Well done on getting through today sober. My thoughts are with you
thenk you! I really appreciate it. I know my grandpa would be proud
Old 12-28-2020, 06:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizz P View Post
You did some amazing work today. I was thinking of you tonight actually. I was wondering how you were doing and how the funeral went, knowing that you were giving a speech. Its good to see you have checked in and are starting to journal.
I am sorry for your loss. Truly.
thank you so much! That really means a lot. I know my grandpa would be proud. It was hard and although I’d like to numb my feelings, I’m going to sit with them and process them instead.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:54 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Do you not get a few days off work for bereavement?
I dont think everyone will know your high...it's usually not as bad as you think!
thank you! I’ve taken the week off (we only work till Wed anyways and then are off till the New Year) and I will use the time to reflect and recoup from my relapse and process the grief.

I know you’re right, but when you’re high if feels like everyone knows lol. I’m glad to be sober today
Old 04-01-2021, 05:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I’ve been in a bad place. A month afterrrr my grandfather died thenbn My grandmother passed away from Covid in January and my best friend was in the hospital and it set me offf.Commming back and hoping tomorrow is day 1.I’ve been using and drinking tooX all. I’ve held my job but we’ve lost clients due to budget and I think I’m going to be let go because I first hire and haveee made some mistakes and haven’t my left the my house because people know I’m high, and everyone knows and ugh! I feel pretty hopeless right now. I know it all my fault and I really hate myself and I’m sorry. I just want to sleep and be okay. . I hope you are all well and safe during these times.