Notices

Cocaine is my Vice

Old 12-18-2020, 05:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I think still at risk of heart attack, stroke, even if young. You are using big quantities Schiller.

I remember talking to a 17 year old kid on the phone, whose parents had phoned me for advice. Said, using cocaine.

Spoke to him for about a minute, next minute he went into seizure and rushed to hospital.

Don't know if he was taking any other drugs apart from cocaine, didn't get a chance to ask. But that's what happened, and he was only seventeen years old.

Glad you're here too Schiller. Do you think you might need supervised detox? Seems like you ditch it, then buy again because too difficult?
I have been lucky for sure to not have had this experience. I will have no problem not doing anything for a few days maybe even 1 or 2 weeks as long as I don't have it, this is usually the pattern. Then like a voice or a thought that starts softly in my mind, and eventually I just say **** it why not, I go maybe drink or see friends and then get in touch with one of my dealers. Also I don't ever get less than 10, sometimes 50, 1 month ago I got 50 and binged for about a week, then got out of control with a friend, and washed about 40 away after puking for 1hr.

Right now I'm almost 24hrs Clean!

This posting is really helping, it makes me get rid of all that shame and hiding and it makes me feel not alone out there.

Thank you all so much for the Support and Kind Words.

S
Old 12-18-2020, 05:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That's great Schiller. Twenty four hours is long time when trying to stop compulsion to use whatever. They're all drugs to me.

Some people here describe that slippery, sneaky, haunting little "voice" as their "alcoholic voice", or AV. It's the voice that cons us into believing it'll be OK to have just one (1). And we all know what happens when we let that "voice" win the debate. Eek. Goodnight Irene.

There are people hére who structure their recovery around, Alcoholic Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT), and hopefully they'll chime in. All ideas are good if it means stopping the destruction.

Personally, I'd screwed up so monumentally just reached the point where I wanted sobriety more than I wanted to drink. After that it became pretty easy, though scary, and I could get on with building an authentic life. No more hiding. It's never too late I'm told.

I'm glad you're finding benefit from being here Schiller. Just keep posting and talking of your progress, in whatever direction it might take.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Schiller View Post
Hi BarbieKen,
Unfortunately I live in Europe. Thanks for the response.
Hi Schiller
C.A. Is Worldwide. 🌏 With C.A. Conventions, meetings, support. Just a heads up.

Bobbi
Old 12-19-2020, 02:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I enjoyed the CA meetings when I used to go but they seem pretty sparse compared to other meetings, even being from NYC only saw a few listed but they were great.