Notices

Five years today

Old 12-14-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on your five years and your mindful journey. Glad you found a path to resigning from your job that didn’t fit anymore and finding real you. Inspiring and hopeful for those of us at much earlier stages. The road may be long and winding , but the view is so much better without the goggles.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Good to "see" you.

Congratulations on Five Years. That's pretty amazing, right?
Yeah BB ... jeez I did it. I kept thinking about it the whole year, and all of a sudden here it is. Five years free from the poison.

I sent a message to my family chat to tell them, along with a gif of a cute little pup high fiving its human... and I said 'well done me'. I felt like I deserved to be a bit self-congratulatory.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Thanks MissPerfumado. I remember your posting in the Health and Fitness section in your "early days". Exercise is such an important part of this and I'm still on the bike regularly.

Congratulations on five years - that is quite an accomplishment. It was really great to read your post and hear that you are doing well, and the approach you used. Thanks for that.

I made it more than 3 years, then got careless with my sobriety after relationship stress and started drinking again on and off. Back to it again. Best of luck, drop by once in a while!
Hey advbike, that daily exercise thread is a great thread! Along with the spiritual journey, the exercise has been so important to me. I love reading inspiring first person stories of people who reinvented themselves with long-distance running or some other sport ... I completely identify. Building up the body instead of abusing it, working with it instead of taking it for granted, such a powerful metaphor for our lives in recovery. Glad to hear you found your way back. I might check out the exercise thread shortly...
Old 12-14-2020, 02:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Five years! That is fabulous, MissP.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
sober style

I will never forget how kind and encouraging MissPerfumado was to me when I was brand new to SR in 2016, literally from the very first time I posted here. You're a great credit to SR and to sobriety in general. And I always liked your name too!
Old 12-14-2020, 03:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congratulations on 5 years and all the good things that has brought MissP

D
Must feel nice when graduates namecheck you as saving their life!
Old 12-14-2020, 07:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

MissP, congratulations on these years.
wishing you many more!
Old 12-14-2020, 07:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It's awesome to see you post again @MissPerfumado!

Congrats on Five Years! That's AWESOME!

There are times I kind of go MIA from SR because sobriety is just my default now. But I try to swing by almost daily because I don't want to take it for granted. Plus I hope that in some small way I can pay it forward to help others as this place has helped me. It's gratifying to see that you're reaching for your dreams and doing it sober.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
I will never forget how kind and encouraging MissPerfumado was to me when I was brand new to SR in 2016, literally from the very first time I posted here. You're a great credit to SR and to sobriety in general. And I always liked your name too!
Hi Snazzy, thank you for those awesome words.

This is why this place is so great. Sometimes we're just inspired to say the right thing to someone because we know what it's like to be newly sober or trying to get sober, feeling completely lost, bamboozled and very emotional. I am glad I happened to be there that day, and very grateful to whatever higher voice found its way through me to help you.

x

Old 12-14-2020, 09:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congratulations on five years!!
Old 12-15-2020, 04:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wonderful! Congratulations!
Old 12-15-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

5 years is awesome! Congratulations!
Old 12-15-2020, 07:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Miss P. & Congratulations on your 5 Years!!
One of your posts really resonated with me in my early days (it was about perfectionism & prestige) and for the first time I realized I wasn't alone with that issue.
I'll have 5 years on Jan. 1 and so much of your current post resonates with me as well. Thank you for coming back & letting us celebrate with you!! Also, congratulations on your new business!
Old 12-15-2020, 08:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
EndGame

Such a beautiful account of your recovery, Miss P. You're an inspiration.

Congratulations on five years.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Miss P. ❤️

If only I'd stuck it out with you back then I'd have 5 years chalked up myself. But it was not to be, and regret a waste, unless used for change. I'm doing that now, and will have 12 months this coming Thursday, 17th December.

This time it is real for me and the struggle has finally ceased, choosing now to to embrace life, rather than deny it. You have been a part of my journey Miss P, and I'll never forget you.

Want to thank you for all you gave me back those 5 years. Your kindness, your care, your intelligence. Umm, your patience . And we had fun too. We called our class the "NoBenders" if I recall?

You have made remarkable, wonderous change in your life Miss P. I am so very happy for you.

Thank you for everything.

Your old mate, Steely
Nice
Old 12-16-2020, 01:01 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 years.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hi Miss P. & Congratulations on your 5 Years!!
One of your posts really resonated with me in my early days (it was about perfectionism & prestige) and for the first time I realized I wasn't alone with that issue.
I'll have 5 years on Jan. 1 and so much of your current post resonates with me as well. Thank you for coming back & letting us celebrate with you!! Also, congratulations on your new business!
Thank you Bandicoot. Wow so obviously the whole perfectionism and prestige connection to my drinking was on my mind quite early on. Hindsight is funny. When I look back, I feel like it was a later development in my recovery but that's clearly not the case.

It took a while for my realisations to mature to the point of doing something about it though. Ultimately things fell into place serendipitously. There's something about being ready that allows the road to rise to meet you...
Old 12-17-2020, 09:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Old 12-18-2020, 07:01 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

What a beautiful post! Thank you so much and congratulations!
Old 12-18-2020, 08:34 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 years sober, MissPerfumado. Your story is inspiring.