Notices

last post for a while

Old 12-13-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

last post for a while

Hi friends, it seems my privacy here has been invaded. Of course I knew that posting on a public forum has risks such as this. However, I have been advised to minimise my online presence and will continue to read but not be logged in. I get sad and worried when people disappear and know others feel the same way so I wanted to post to say I am doing ok but won't be active for a while.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sucks. I hope that it turns out ok. Maybe change your user name?
Old 12-13-2020, 10:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Mera. Those sorts of things are always worrisome. If there are any specific posts you have concerns about the mods might be able to remove them. And the user name could be a good idea. Take care.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry to hear that. Surely there must be a solution though, change user name and pretend to be in the UK or Australia. No one need know it is you. I hope you find a solution
Old 12-13-2020, 11:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for letting us know Mera.

Stay strong. ❤️

Old 12-14-2020, 01:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

If there's anything that can be done, like a name change, or a password change. or even a new account..its worth considering.

you need the support.

Just PM me or Anna.
D
Old 12-14-2020, 02:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I wish you all the best, Mera.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yikes, my legal team will probably be angry but I couldn’t resist responding. This was to be expected with all of the legal stuff and observations. I made a mistake by giving the site name as one of my sources of support, so I only have myself to blame. I’ll be back sometime in the future with a new name. For now I will be reading daily and supporting you from afar.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well that stinks. I'm sorry that happened. Change your name. Stick with us. And hopefully, this will pass sooner than later.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope the intrusion didn't and won't affect you negatively. If I found out something like that for myself, I would change my username first, delete/change my avatar, close the account, and open a new one under a different name. That way intruders can't find info if they had your old screen name and it's not connected to the new one. Also better not to give your real name to anyone on an anonymous forum if you have concerns like this. If you find SR helpful, I would not cut off the possibility of interaction over such an incident - again, think about what the most important thing is, even in your legal situation.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'd do that same thing - plus, I'd reach out to Dee and ask if there might be a way he could help get me an archive of all my userposts..... it would be a real shame to lose that history of self-awareness.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
I'd do that same thing - plus, I'd reach out to Dee and ask if there might be a way he could help get me an archive of all my userposts..... it would be a real shame to lose that history of self-awareness.
I think if you close an account, all the posts and the username (at the time of closing) will remain intact and available, it'll just say "guest" under the name and you can no longer log into it. I suggested changing the name before closing, so that intruders could not locate the old posts very easily. I know this because I did it twice (not for privacy concerns, but because I was a mess with still drinking and not knowing what would really help), my old account still exists here
Old 12-14-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aellyce2 View Post
I think if you close an account, all the posts and the username (at the time of closing) will remain intact and available, it'll just say "guest" under the name and you can no longer log into it. I suggested changing the name before closing, so that intruders could not locate the old posts very easily. I know this because I did it twice (not for privacy concerns, but because I was a mess with still drinking and not knowing what would really help), my old account still exists here
good to know!!!
Old 12-14-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

WOW! You would think that having a support forum would be a good thing? I get there is some information on the thread that is telling of what is going on but its not like the legal people involved don't already know about it.
I am really sorry to hear this. I do hope you find a way to stay here and to continue posting.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best Mera.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Yikes, my legal team will probably be angry but I couldn’t resist responding. This was to be expected with all of the legal stuff and observations. I made a mistake by giving the site name as one of my sources of support, so I only have myself to blame. I’ll be back sometime in the future with a new name. For now I will be reading daily and supporting you from afar.
I'm really sorry that your custody issues have been so invasive in your life.

Take care of yourself, and I do hope you return before too long.

Again, if there is anything we can do to help with this problem, please just ask.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I sorry you have go dark for now. Hopefully the admin team can help you find a safe and private way to still participate. I would hate to see you lose this form of support.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

That sucks. Sorry mera, I hope you read this and know that even someone like me that you don't know always reads your posts and is willing you support across the globe
Old 12-14-2020, 09:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Samantha

Isn't posting on here a good thing though?
Old 12-14-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
~sb

I hope you focus on staying stopped!