Notices

Christmas is coming Weekenders 11-14 December 2020

Old 12-13-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

MesaPup is like a MesaFluffball. Very cute and sweet looking.

Yep. Almost certain that I picked it up as an early Christmas present for hanging around with Dad in the ER last Sunday. ER trips with Dad are routine these days, and he is basically helpless if left alone. I had double masks the whole time, but started developing symptoms the following day. Symptoms continued to get worse so I went for a test on Wednesday, which was positive. It's really just been like having a bad cold that is slow going away. Much better now though. Just boring, camping out upstairs, doing a few projects like assembling some chairs we ordered online. Thank goodness Dad doesn't seem to have it, or my wife or kid. Pretty sure that if were still drinking, it would have been worse.

Edit: I've had some upper respiratory pressure. I could definitely see how someone with a history of asthma could find themselves in serious trouble.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:33 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Mesa, @
"My point - and I do have one -"
Awesome.

Glad you survived the attack of the cocoa almonds.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Heavens. Continue to feel better, CityBoy! Glad that your case has been mild-ish.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

MesaMan - that allergic reaction must have been frightening, something must have been unusual about that product!
Old 12-13-2020, 01:09 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Glad you're ok Mesa. That's a huge concern to me as well, the number of beds. I live in a large city and even with our many hospitals, they are all running short on ICU beds. Even worse, just 3 days ago in my county alone they had to bring in refrigerated trucks to store bodies.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:46 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

MesaMan, that was a scary episode; very glad that you are okay. What were you shopping for? Is it possible that you touched something else (a cleaning product, fertilizer, insecticide, weed killer, etc.) resulting in some sort of residue to be transferred to your hands? Might be worth a conversation with your doctor; maybe an Epi-pen? Have you considered carrying Benadryl with you just in case?
Old 12-13-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Magsie

CityBoy, so pleased you didn’t get covid too severe and could stay home to recuperate. take care.

MesaMan, that was a scary experience for you. I agree with Leigh, worth having epi pens or similar close to hand. Can be life-saving. Pleased the symptoms passed and very wise to let the workers know.
MesaPup is just so adorable.

relena, I saw on the news a while back how some areas have brought refrigerated trucks in as storage for bodies.So sad.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:52 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Sincere Thanks, Folks.

Great idea on carrying Benadryl. I usually do, but when I'm out in the RV Trailer. My approach on this also will have to be updated because the 'right' Benadryl dose for a Pooch [by weight] is a standard technique to moderate Snakebite reactions. When I see my Doc soon for my Annual, I'll ask about an Epi Pen. For me.

Because the onset of symptoms took ~1 Hour, I finally assumed it was Food-related. However, the kinda-still-working Logical Side of my Brain ain't buyin' it. I, too, think it was mebbe some residual Pesticide on the Almonds purchased at good ole Walmart as an afterthought while getting a few other Food items. My BFF who has Childhood Diabetes says the whole white-out Vision aspect fit the profile of classic, uber-low Blood Sugar.

While I was out on a Bench at the Oil Change Joint trying to initially figure out WTF is happening to me, this un-Masked 'Kid' comes out to show me a small Tray with assorted Truck Fluids in it for me to examine. I grab my Mask outta my Pocket to cope with being blindsided as he bends over to within ~2' of my Face. He says 'Oh, you don't have to worry about me'. Thank you very little, Pal.

As The Universe does as I age, I took this Allergic Reaction incident as a sign to focus my attention. Thus, I'll be discerning re: C-19 Vaccine side-effects as credibly reported next Year.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:17 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I'm glad your covid was relatively mild Cityboy and that you are on the mend.

Mesapup is growing so quickly - great pic. Glad your allergy settled down, Mesaman.

Ironwill your handsome dog has such lovely expressive eyes.

Lots of heavy rain here still, all day yesterday and looks the same today. I need a good long walk going stir crazy and pacing the house. And eating chocolate - lots.

I had a strange dizzy spell when I was going to bed last night, it started in the bathroom and the room started spinning, it continued when I got into bed. I almost felt like I had been drugged. It passed after about 10 minutes but it was scary at the time, especially living alone. I realised no one would find me if I passed out.

Funny I passed out regularly, often several times a day, when I was drinking but didn't give it a second thought then.

Been getting a lot of migraines maybe it is something to do with that.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:20 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Kaily, hope you don’t have any reoccurring dizzy spells. Migraines are terrible enough on their own. Worth having a phone appointment with your doc? Take care.

MesaMan, getting checked out with the doc is a good idea....I had a near fatal anaphylactic attack which led to respiratory arrest a couple of years ago. I was lucky the doc said. I agreed with him.

Off to the farm shop this morning. I like visiting there. I go early when there’s no one about and for a small outdoor shop they have plenty of produce. They also stock home made jams from small suppliers. And ice cream from Blytons Ice Cream, a local ‘ish’ place people drive to for an ice cream. Lol. Sounds crazy when wrote like that.

See you later. Take care and be safe. xxxx
Old 12-14-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Kaily, I think that onset of dizziness you describe, and the headaches, are worth discussing with a health professional.
Hope you feel alright again soon.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:21 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Mr

Hope everybody made it through the weekend and if you didnt well start over easy as !

Allergies are a bummer and can vary so much from one person to another. (here are a few things that get me sneezing, pollen, animals, spicy foods, mcdonalds, cleaning out the ash from my chimney, dust mites...) I almost always have antihistamine tablets somewhere...

Kaily i've had a few vertigo attacks in my time. One was very bad at work one time. It was stress related apparently for me. I also have tittinus and 60% hearing loss in one ear so that doesnt help dizziness problems.

I do know that chocolate is not the best for dizziness : "Chocolate. Things like chocolate have the ability to cause migraine headaches. A symptom of migraine headaches is dizziness"
https://www.entinstitute.com/dizziness-from-food/
Hope i'm not breaking any rules...

It's the last school week here in france. Mini Vman is on hols friday...

Take care weekenders.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Mr

i meant Tinnitus, i'll say predictive text, dont know if i'll get awayu with it
I mean its not a word i say everyday ... but tittinus sounds bad, like an insult
Old 12-14-2020, 05:13 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I thought you mean't you were rather buxom Vinny.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:23 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Everyone in Weekenders - stay healthy - the vaccines are here. I have hope for the first time in eight months.

If you stayed sober over this past weekend, well done.

If you didn't - Monday means a new week and you can stay sober starting Now.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:16 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I suffer from tinnitus too. It's horrible.

London is to go into something called Tier 3 - the highest level of Covid restrictions without being a full lockdown. It was not unexpected. I'm guessing Mags and some others are already in Tier 3.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:01 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Old 12-14-2020, 10:04 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Magsie

We are in tier 3 Saou. Not much changed from lockdown to be honest. I think pubs and restaurants are closed but can do takeaways or deliveries but I’m not sure. Though I kept hearing something about scotch eggs and some places staying open.

I sympathize you Vinny and Saou. It must be terrible.

Old 12-14-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

We’ve been in either full lockdown or T3 for most of this year in my area. We had a month maybe where we could eat out but most of the year not able to do anything and under the highest level of restrictions. It’s really wearing thin now.

Hope everyone is doing well and taking care of yourselves xx
Old 12-14-2020, 11:51 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

My dog made it through the weekend, but I did almost take him to the emergency vet two different times. I called them and both times the wait would have been REALLY long (like 4-5 hours) and the vet techs I talked to convinced me he was not on the verge of death. I'm taking him to his regular vet pretty soon here. Was able to get an appointment, luckily. He is very lethargic. He ate and drank some yesterday and the day before, but today he has only had a little bit of water. I think he has an infection and needs antibiotics. Fingers crossed it's nothing worse than that.

I'm relieved that the vaccine is here. It will be a long time before I will be able to get it (not old enough and no underlying conditions), but I'm really glad it's here for healthcare workers and those who are at greatest risk. Fingers crossed we start beating this thing down soon. My man friend is feeling under the weather and I'm trying to convince him to go get tested. I have not seen him since a week ago yesterday, but I'd still possibly be in trouble if does have it. Neither one of us really thinks he has it, but I'd feel better knowing for sure. Plus, he's been going to work in the office a few days a week, and he really ought to not go back until he knows. It's a small office - only 5-6 people there most days, but still.