Notices

Christmas is coming Weekenders 11-14 December 2020

Old 12-12-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Mr

Evening weekenderoonies.

These young chaps are from around your neck of the woods Bim.
Like a lot of good bands and artists. What is it about Seattle and music ... ?

Be warned you may want to listen to more

https://youtu.be/rfCqHdqAX8k

And a bonus : https://youtu.be/RZZHTVr-r-g
Old 12-12-2020, 06:28 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

33 next month, in the US and I can't wait to get vaccinated.

Also here is a great informative article about the vaccine - https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55041371
Old 12-12-2020, 07:17 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks for the link relena, It’s not going to be long before the Oxford vaccine is rolled out I’m sure. 33 is a great age. I’ve got quite a few added onto that and I still don’t know how I got here. time just flies by.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:44 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Mags & all weekenders! I'm late to the party but just wanted to drop in & say hello.

Kaily - it's so good to see that your pups are making progress and I love the color coordinated harnesses!

Old 12-12-2020, 08:30 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
33 is a great age. I’ve got quite a few added onto that and I still don’t know how I got here. time just flies by.
Time definitely does fly. And ever since I had a baby, it's sped up even more somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-92H...hS9_-VsTMCDt3I

This is a well done video with more information about the vaccine. I hope i'm not breaking a rule or anything sharing this. Since I haven't been working, or sleeping much thanks to insomnia I have spent a great deal of time reading and watching everything I can about the vaccine. My body is in a very delicate state since I quit drinking. I've had a lot of physical changes happen that I wasn't expecting. So I had a little trepidation about the vaccine, and I wanted to make sure when it's my turn to get one that i'm ready 100% and not afraid.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:46 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Bandicoot, good to see you.

relena, precious times for you having your baby to care for.

It looks a very interesting link, thanks for sharing it, I’ll watch it all soon. I like to read the science behind it too.

I think if we’re armed with the correct information and can cut through the rumours, we can make the right decision for us.

I know when I was a kid my mum had us vaccinated against polio and many other diseases, which we took for granted because the vaccines were there.

Living through a pandemic, we want to do everything we can to survive it until we receive the vaccine.

It took my body a while to adjust to not filling it with poison every day. But I know my internal organs are much better for not having booze.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:37 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Hey Decembers SRenders,

I don't know how the word angry appeared there, it was supposed to be "agree"
We are all free to make the decisions we think are the most appropriate for us, including for the vaccine, of course.
Now a baby gets a cocktail of 11 or 12 mandatory vaccines here. I personally am very happy mine got less because he was born before 2018.
I am not an anti-vaccine crazie, but I know a few kids who developed nasty side effects.
And regarding the COVID one, they don't even have time to analyse anything properly, it's more of a contest "who will get the bucks first".

Relena, just like you, I don't sleep much. Last night it was close to 0 I'm just telling myself it will change at one point.
I already experienced severe insomnia before drinking, it's cyclic.

I think I was very ambitious with my insane list, I haven't done a lot Let's see how it goes at the end of the day.

Happy sober weekend, everyone!

Old 12-13-2020, 02:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

So far, I have been lame with my list haha

- join an online meeting somewhere, I don't know which one yet, I am not fond of AA in my region, so maybe I should try somewhere else and more secular?
- finish my ironing (stuck there with a huge pile since March or so, only 10 items left, phew)
- undust everything
- vacuum and wash the floor

- start cleaning my walls from dark stains, one room at a time (I'm going to repaint next summer)
- organise my library by language, book size, theme, and alphabetical order
- the same for my kid's library
- empty/sort a few boxes in my basement that haven't been touched since 2016
- donate that stuff. I already did a bit (8 plastic bags full of clothes and shoes)
- buy myself flowers because I am worth it
- try a new kind of smoothie, love my blender
- have a nap
- pamper my skin and hair, it helps too!

BACK TO BUSINESS!!
Old 12-13-2020, 04:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. It'll be the first Christmas in nine years I won't be drunk or resentful that I can't drink. I'll be sober and recovered and present with my family. Hopefully they'll all see me as a new and improved FF.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:15 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good Morning All

Velvetee congrats to 35 days sober. Just hang in their and take it one day at a time. As for my list. Welllll, it coming along. With 5 kids I get interrupted more then I would like. Plus I had an unplanned sleepover that I had to take my oldest daughter too. Right in the middle of the day. But here how it's gone so far:

- Make some loft beds for the kids ( Have picked up the wood and made measurement )
- Clean the garage (hat will need to be done before the loft beds i guess)
- Finish wrapping presents ( Did a few before heading to bed )
- walk up to old town a search for some stocking stuffers
- clean out the closet of my summer clothes and put them in storage.
- fix walls where youngest child put a hole in it.
- Watch some Christmas movies to relax (cause we can't always be doing something) (plan on it tonight )

MesaMan did you steal my Puppy, The stuffed one.

Hopefully things will go better today. Everybody have a great day

Old 12-13-2020, 04:30 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Magsie

Velvetee you’re getting through your list.

Freedomfries, it’ll be great your spending Christmas sober. I know your family will like it.

Ironwill, gorgeous doggie, the stuffed toy does look same as MesaPup’s toy.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:53 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

That's a sweet face ironwill.

Completing individual things on the to do list is an end unto itself. The list will never be fully completed, nor should it.

Well, at least I suppose that having now had covid, I don't have to worry so much about when the vaccine is going to be available. It may be that I will still need it after a certain period of time?

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:19 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

What???. CityBoy, you had COVID?.? I missed that; I am so sorry.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

See our Sunday Morning sensibility below.

Just before this MesaPup Pic, I had been thinking of how pleasant it is to not be laboring under what I used to call 'The Grind'. That awful, downer-of-a-feeling that my Internals weren't clear, and that I didn't have the way [yet] to get to that point of clarity. Some Years ago, I stumbled across some Articles re: 'Persistent Stupor'. Many are written about not being free of post-Surgical Painkiller 'Fog'. But, I did find some salient ones about Alcohol. I'm glad that knowledge is now long-retired Analytical interest; not something I have to wrestle with. One of several benefits that keep me *Effortlessly Sober*, as I call it.

After a Morning low temp here of a blistering 6 F [-14 C] with ~2" of fresh Snow from yesterday, we're now enjoying the usual blazing Sun that follows Storm Fronts. I've got some Snow Shoveling to do so that the Sun clears off the dark stamped Concrete out back. That'll make for secure footing tonight at O'Dark Thirty come time for Puppy 'Duties'. I've got down my Clothing tweaks with procedures streamlined like some Firefighter sliding down the Station Fire Pole after the Bell rings. Boots are pre-laced to slip on. Hoodie, Jacket, and Gloves are arranged, as is my Headlamp.

~ When the Pup's gotta go, ain't the time to move slow ~

Old 12-13-2020, 10:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

^^^^ MesaPup just HAS to be one the cutest and most adorable puppies EVER.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I did not realise you had Covid either Cityboy, that's a tough break. I hope you have recovered well from it and not had any longer term symptoms.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:43 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Fluffy Puppy has landed in a very lucky life.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:48 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on your respective lists Velvetee, ironwill, good efforts Same for your five weeks Velvetee.

Glad you will be seeing your family this year Freedomfries. It will be tough for most of us here in the UK, I believe the intention was that we could see family but new cases and hospital admissions are on the rise so who knows.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:14 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Ironwill you made me laugh!
- fix walls where youngest child put a hole in it.
I did this a fortnight ago

I have been lazier than expected and I am OK with that. It's something new, usually, I am very hard on myself

- join an online meeting somewhere, I don't know which one yet, I am not fond of AA in my region, so maybe I should try somewhere else and more secular?

- finish my ironing (stuck there with a huge pile since March or so, only 10 items left, phew)
- undust everything
- vacuum and wash the floor

- start cleaning my walls from dark stains, one room at a time (I'm going to repaint next summer)
- organise my library by language, book size, theme, and alphabetical order
- the same for my kid's library
- empty/sort a few boxes in my basement that haven't been touched since 2016
- donate that stuff. I already did a bit (8 plastic bags full of clothes and shoes)
- buy myself flowers because I am worth it
- try a new kind of smoothie, love my blender
- have a nap
- pamper my skin and hair, it helps too!

Cleaning is def not my fave thing... Oh well, I still have so many sober weekends to do things in the future
This puppy is so cute <3

Be well SRiends!
Old 12-13-2020, 11:25 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Certainly some Food For Thought re: C-19 Vaccine effects.

I hit the Store the other Day, and also sprung for some Roasted Almonds dusted in Chocolate Powder. I scarf a few Palm-fulls, and head over for a Truck Oil Change. During the wait, I start feeling extremely weird, and sick. I'm having trouble keeping it together. My Hands - already afflicted with periodic Dermatitis - began to itch insufferably. I ran my Hands under Bathroom Hot Water which helps knock down symptoms, and stemmed the Blood flow that insane itching had started. But wait. There's more! My Throat started to close, but not in the 'usual' way. It was more like lumps on either side of my Esophagus. Breathing was work. Focus.

I drove over to a Motel Parking Lot adjacent to pull my Mental 'Stuff' together, and Zen out. THEN, my Vision started going. It went to intense, all-whiteout, like some back-lit Scene of an Alien in a Movie. THAT was unsettling. Chow a Snack for Lunch. Duck in for an Oil Change. Wind up going Blind in the Parking Lot. I drank lots of Water, and decided against driving myself to the Hospital. Primarily because I'd have no control over when I'd get out. There's all of 3 ICU Beds in the Hospital here. I went in to tell the Oil Change Guys I was outside having some sort of 'Illness' so they'd know.

Finally, it all passed. I was able to drive myself the ~15 Miles back Home after several Hours. I have no known Nut Allergies, and ingest Chocolate Powder daily as an Evening, low cal Drink treat. So, no more Choc Almonds from that Supplier. I used to carry an Epi Pen for Bee Stings, but quit. I've had a reaction *once* to Sulfites used at a Salad Bar as a Preservative. Had Allergies as a Kid, but outgrew them Decades ago. 'Regular' Almonds, and Cashews, continue to be non-issues.

My point - and I do have one - is that I'll get the C-19 Vaccine. I'll wait nearby afterwards out in my Truck for any negative reaction. Deal with it then, because I doubt there will be one. My aged POV from assorted close calls: when The Universe wants me, it'll take me.

As a Recovered Childhood Asthmatic, I'd rather 'risk' Vaccination than C-19. Also, what are called 'long haulers' from C-19 [Google it] are battling serious Health Effects that aren't making Headlines. Life is a series of Trade-offs, eh?