Notices

Freaking out

Old 12-08-2020, 06:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hang in there babycat, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Good you're checking with the doc though.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, I now feel a bit silly. My appetite returned last night after an intense workout and some meditation. It was 100% anxiety and the fact that I was still detoxing. I am usually good by day 3 so I think that is why I was so freaked out but I think this is also showing the disease progressing which is just all the more reason to finally quit for good. It is AMAZING what our brains can convince ourselves of, I truly thought I was dying. Monday was my 38th birthday and I was imagining myself not making it to 39. I actually feel really good now.
Anyway, still going to go to the doc just because it is time for a physical as it is. My numbers are always good so here is hoping that is still the case.
Thanks again everyone. You did help me when I felt like I was jumping out of my skin.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Haha good to hear.. and my brain works the same way. Been there done that..
Old 12-09-2020, 11:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Haha good to hear.. and my brain works the same way. Been there done that..
It is crazy, isn't it? Those fears are 100% real when you are so deep in your head.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes. 100% real. Some of us just have higher anxiety, especially around health fears. I take plenty of other risks that don't worry me, lol. Glad you didn't drink over it.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

all sorts of 'freaking out' is normal in early recovery. we are depriving our body of a substance it has become addicted to, we are interrupting the 'norm' of our cycle, we are introducing disruption to a sort of stasis - and we're doing it in a way that also causes parts of our brain to react as if it's being threatened or even killed off (indeed, that ravenous addictive voice is doing all it can to take control back and make us return to the addiction).

So..... take comfort in the fact that it's 'normal'. And here's to you, for continuing to honor your higher self and your commitment to sobriety. It's not easy, but it's worth it.