Notices

Alcohol Promotion

Old 12-05-2020, 12:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You are victimizing yourself. The only way I got Sober was accept what it was, I can't drink. I don't care if other people drink. Other people can have a few drinks, enjoy themselves and be fine. I can't do it,

It's like Peanut Butter - if I'm allergic, does that mean no-one can ever eat it?
Old 12-05-2020, 06:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Try to look at it this way. Anyone who gets sucked into this illness because of these promotions, lockdown, etc needs us and needs to be lead by example. Businesses driving these promos, governments protecting all from covid but not from anything thing else should be held responsable but it is imposible. I would hate to be the world leader trying to decide what is best as there is no easy way. Also been in Melbourne for the lockdown and it sucked big time! But I survived it and have no intention to go out drinking no matter how cheap or free.

all we can do for individuals is promote recovery and not be dragged back in to help anyone new and in need. At some point some poor soul will be in a bad place because of the events of the world and will need to see that others haven’t thrown the towel in to give them hope.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
That rule is called the Pareto Law.

Here’s the data:

“You think you drink a lot?”

GT
Just a quick add-on in regards to statistically who drinks how much alcohol in the US.
90% of all alcohol sold is drunk by only 20% of the adult population and 75% is drunk by only 10% of the population. The reason liquor stores are essential services is to keep these tens of millions of drunkards from suffering forced withdrawl which would lead many into the hospitals, thus competing for beds.

Covid19 has exposed this “essential” need to keep drunkards being drunkards, and reveals SO much about the history of drinking in the Western world: personal liberty, disease or choice, predatory capitalism, alcohol v drugs, from social problem to individual problem, etc.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Certainly frightening stats. Quite clearly a huge numbe of problem drinkers aren't involved with AA or any other forms of rehabilitation. And so it goes-