Notices

Craving, very stressful day

Old 11-30-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Craving, very stressful day

First day working from home with BOTH my kids remote learning. Thankfully one is old enough to do work alone, but the other is 6! Clocked out and meal prepped two meals for dinner, and popped open a sparkling cherry flavored water—my whole body is stressed and my mind is racing with thoughts of a drink....trying to find other things to occupy my time, and I have to do it all again tomorrow...just trying to keep busy and keep my mind off drinking
Old 11-30-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's it, Suzie. Just keep moving forward and know that things will improve. Working from home with two kids doing remote learning is not going to be easy, but of course, it would be worse if you were drinking. I love sparkling flavoured water.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi SuzieQ,
You can do this. Keeping yourself busy will help. Though having to help the 6 year old with remote learning can be hard and exhausting. You are doing a lot and that can put a lot of stress on you. You can conquer it all as long as you take it one thing at a time. The same goes for staying sober. It's one day at a time sometimes 1 hour at a time. Having a different drink to go to is good. You are strong and can do this. Keep it up and come here for support.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ate a big dinner, took the kids for ice cream, took a shower and helped my 6 year old complete work
not done today—missed my AA meeting, but I’m ok and ending today sober. Thanks Anna and ironwill 😊❤️
Old 11-30-2020, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great to hear that you managed the day well, Suzieq. I don't have kids or anyone else living with me to make all this more challenging, but struggle with at least some drinking urges every day, usually multiple times. Eating is always an effective remedy if nothing else helps but I've learned a lot of very helpful tools during the past week that make it much more manageable and less stressful. Hope you will sleep well tonight
Old 11-30-2020, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HI SuzieQ,

Glad to hear you made it another day. Like I said one day at a time. As for the school work with the 6 year old. That is a One minute at a time ordeal. So you don't loose you mind. I have 4 in Remote learning and 3 can do it on there own, but one needs constant help. Is defiantly a one minute at a time with him to keep from going bonkers.

Keep being strong and coming back.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The most effective tool in my sobriety toolbox is Practicing Gratitude every day. It makes my days easier to tolerate when there's a snag.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it's tough but you can do this SQ

D
Old 11-30-2020, 11:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That feeling does start to dull down the longer you go. You don’t have to live that way forever if you choose sobriety
Old 12-01-2020, 12:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are attending meetings. They are a big help. Good luck!
Old 12-02-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi SuzieQ,

Hopefully with two day of work and remote schooling under your belt, things are maybe starting to be in groove. Keep busy and know that you are strong enough to stay sober and get through this. I understand it hard with all the stress of trying to balance everythings out. But you can do this. We are here for you if you need to vent or have a question. Have a great day.