Notices

still sober, another 4 a.m. wake

Old 11-28-2020, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still sober, another 4 a.m. wake

Woke up at 4 a.m. again lol, enjoyed some time for me—reading online, some coffee, breakfast and napped again til 7. Got showered and dressed, met some friends for a walk. Went to bookstore, and looked thru recovery books for a while.... bought “Being Sober”...and some bagels for the family..looking forward to reading the book ater....noticing I am taking it easy on me, encouraging myself to rest, cry and heal as needed....not used to that at all....7 days sober...
Old 11-28-2020, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Congrats on your 7 days. Hopefully, we will sleep at one point
Old 11-28-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Congratulations on 7 days! It took me a solid 3 weeks to get a semblance of sleep and a couple of months to sleep through the night. It does get better. Now if it doesn't get better, there may be some underlying sleep issues but you'll be sober and ready to address them. Keep going, it gets better!
Old 11-28-2020, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

We ex drunks have to fake it for a while.

I basically felt hungover for 3 of the last 5 years. All the anxiety, fear, craving, etc etc. drug on and on and on. It was pure insanity. I was going crazy. The suffering is difficult to explain. Nagging mental anguish.

The gotcha is my addiction would tell me that the only way to take the edge off was to drink or get some meds.

Lucky for me in my first 30 days clean I went to a water park. They had a crazy slide that went straight down into a tube through a pool of sharks. It was terrifying.

When I got out I felt like a normal person. I was cured. It lasted about 2 hours. Then back to hell on earth. It was the adrenaline.

I realized internally created drugs could defeat all the PTSD I felt from quitting drinking.

So that is what I do now, but I get adrenaline etc from exercise. I get if every time as long as I push myself reasonably hard. I also walk on the treadmill, while watching TV, for anywhere between 30 mins to an hour. It works works works.

So that is my normal life now. EX drunk turned fitness minded golden year man.

I will take it.

Funny how when I am gasping for breath, my mental anguish from quitting being a drunk goes away. It is a miracle.

Hope this helps.

Happy Saturday.

Thanks for the therapy.