Notices

What does your AV look like?

Old 11-28-2020, 01:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
Looks like we have the same demon lol
Imagine that poisonous whisper in the ear "oh dear, just a glass of that good Bordeaux"... and its saliva is almost burning your skin while you remain totally hypnotised by the villain succubus. The first drop gets into your mouth and you feel like you are a vampire again, drinking your own blood and health.

Hello, no :P
Old 11-28-2020, 03:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Velvetee View Post
Imagine that poisonous whisper in the ear "oh dear, just a glass of that good Bordeaux"... and its saliva is almost burning your skin while you remain totally hypnotised by the villain succubus. The first drop gets into your mouth and you feel like you are a vampire again, drinking your own blood and health.

Hello, no :P
Exactly!!!
Old 11-28-2020, 03:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

For me, its just me. A dysfunctional coping mechanism to deal with things I cannot control, face or am afraid of. Now that I am a non-drinker, it appears in other ways. But I can "see" it now. So maybe it looks like the 14 YO version of me who wanted so hard to be liked, to fit in, to be cool.

Old 11-28-2020, 03:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It looks like a lot younger me. Maybe late teens.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Mine looks and sounds like my toxic, narcissistic exboyfriend from years ago. He was a fun guy, always up for a good time.

But he could get nasty in an instant. Loud, rude, embarrassing; he thought he knew me better than I knew myself, telling me how to think and feel. I didn’t like myself when I was with him. And then he absolutely couldn’t believe it when I left him, wouldn’t stop coming around trying to mess with my head.

That’s my AV — a useless relic of my past, irrelevant to me now. Yeah, it still tries to call sometimes, but like the ex, it goes away when I ignore it long enough.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Monkey on my back is another good representation.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'll try not to be a party pooper, but I'm hard pressed to present a visual image. My AV is just a thought and an assurance telling me how well I now am, and one drink wouldn't hurt. If I have to come up with a visual image, one that I actually do imagine by the way, my AV looks just like a little me sitting on the subconscious part of my brain and talking to the conscious part of my brain. It's not an evil little me. It's a perfectly harmless little me that actually believes he's telling the truth. He means me no harm, which is what makes him so dangerous.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Fun thread Mine is a shape shifter really with no stable identity, gender or anything, can take any form others described and more, sometimes really unexpected and seemingly new ones even after all these years being tied to it. It's a bigger trickster than anything or anyone I've ever encountered in the outside world, but I think ultimately its biggest weakness is exactly its instability.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

When in active addiction my AV invited me into hell and I willing went. Glad that whole mess is over
Old 11-28-2020, 12:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
waking down

Mine's now a prune lost under the couch for seven years.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Mine was Sgt Foley from An Officer and a Gentlemen. He was always telling me I didn't have what it took and he hated to be eyeballed.