Notices

Hot Mess

Old 11-23-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hot Mess

I was sober since May 2020’s class and started drinking and have not stopped since November 3rd. Election night here in the US. I haven’t looked at or heard any news since then, just a bottle - 4 glasses of Chardonnay a day since then. 3 weeks now after all that time and am dependent on 3 glasses daily to just hold off shakes and anxiety and hating myself. Tell me what do next? Please?
Old 11-23-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I started drinking election night as well. Actually the night the results started coming out. That was a Saturday. I had only quit for a few days.
My Dr. prescribed Gabapentin for the shakes. It helps alot and prevents seizures as well. My quitting plan started with 2 Video appts with alcohol Doctors through my insurance. It was time to come clean. It made me feel accountable.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There really is no "easier, softer, way" kittencat, but to put down the booze. See your doctor if you are not coping with the physical symptoms of withdrawal.

I got to a point where I wanted sobriety more than I wanted to drink. You will never regret sobriety kittencat, the weight will be lifted.

Edit: And don't hate yourself, you have an "addiction" not a moral deficiency.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lucky1s, thank you for replying. A little background here- I went heavy into getting the vote out a few months before and I know it’s just an excuse but it was SO harmful to me. I still don’t know the results.. can’t handle it right now. Too fragile. I worked so hard as a volunteer that emotionally I can not take it yet. I really can’t. So I have 3 weeks drinking and Iwant to stop but am already on clonazepam and Celexa for 4 months. I’ll ask my doctor. Thank you <3
Old 11-23-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Steely, ❤️
I am already on .5 Benzo twice daily... I’m scared I will die. So scared. No insurance, unemployed due to COVID and in the US.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so scared. But want to stop so badly. 3 weeks of drinking wine while still taking .5 Clonazepam what can they do? 😓
Old 11-23-2020, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please be careful with the benzos and alcohol. It can be a deadly combination, and you are right to be scared.

Have you tried zoom AA meetings? You can find them anytime, anywhere. I couldn't have gotten sober without AA.

Its hard to let go of a crutch that makes reality a little easier, but it sounds as if it has turned on you. It turned on me too. I needed more and more alcohol to numb me, and things got a whole lot worse.

It has been a volatile time in the US, so I understand the stress. Good for you tuning out the news! Take care of you..

Keep posting, it helps all of us!
Old 11-23-2020, 01:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had to make a plan and when I started I made myself stick to the plan no matter what life threw at me. Sobriety had to be the most important thing in my life because it is.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Best of luck KC. AA is a great option.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Libby06 View Post
Please be careful with the benzos and alcohol. It can be a deadly combination, and you are right to be scared.

Have you tried zoom AA meetings? You can find them anytime, anywhere. I couldn't have gotten sober without AA.

Its hard to let go of a crutch that makes reality a little easier, but it sounds as if it has turned on you. It turned on me too. I needed more and more alcohol to numb me, and things got a whole lot worse.

It has been a volatile time in the US, so I understand the stress. Good for you tuning out the news! Take care of you..

I’m trying so hard, really. Only drinking little bits to not have a seizure. I don’t know if that can even happen in 3 weeks of my benzo with 3-4 glasses of wine but I have so much anxiety that it might. Thank you suggesting the zoom meets, I will check it out tomorrow <3
Old 11-23-2020, 01:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Libby06 View Post

I’m trying so hard, really. Only drinking little bits to not have a seizure. I don’t know if that can even happen in 3 weeks of my benzo with 3-4 glasses of wine but I have so much anxiety that it might. Thank you suggesting the zoom meets, I will check it out tomorrow <3

Old 11-23-2020, 01:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
Thank you Steely, ❤️
I am already on .5 Benzo twice daily... I’m scared I will die. So scared. No insurance, unemployed due to COVID and in the US.
How are you getting meds without insurance? I am in the same situation, unemployed due to COVID in US and no insurance. I can't get help.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're ready to stop drinking. If you're concerned about withdrawals, you could go to an ER if things were getting scary. Get rid of the alcohol you have at home and don't buy anymore. It might help to make a plan to help you get through the time when you would have been drinking. You can do this!
Old 11-23-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hug! That is really scary. I have no advice to offer because I have not been doing well myself, but I know you can do it!
Old 11-23-2020, 04:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara View Post
How are you getting meds without insurance? I am in the same situation, unemployed due to COVID in US and no insurance. I can't get help.
county or fed site temporarily set up in palm beach county Florida called Genesis Health... it’s not permanently funded but for now I see a doc for $50 per month.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You had an excellent stretch of sobriety going so it’s just a matter of getting back to that mindset and building on it.

The calmer you are the better you will be able to see a path forward. Maybe some deep breathing might help?

In sobriety one of the lessons I’m learning is that we need to let go of the things we can’t change. Don’t measure yourself by the election outcome; instead, look to your efforts as a measure of your success. You certainly sound like a dedicated person to me!
Old 11-23-2020, 04:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm glad you're ready to stop drinking. If you're concerned about withdrawals, you could go to an ER if things were getting scary. Get rid of the alcohol you have at home and don't buy anymore. It might help to make a plan to help you get through the time when you would have been drinking. You can do this!
Thank you Anna, alcohol gone and plan ready but no admits into local hospitals right now. Bad situation. I’m still doing my best ❤️
Old 11-23-2020, 04:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2much2luv View Post
hug! That is really scary. I have no advice to offer because i have not been doing well myself, but i know you can do it!

<3
Old 11-23-2020, 05:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
You had an excellent stretch of sobriety going so it’s just a matter of getting back to that mindset and building on it.

The calmer you are the better you will be able to see a path forward. Maybe some deep breathing might help?

In sobriety one of the lessons I’m learning is that we need to let go of the things we can’t change. Don’t measure yourself by the election outcome; instead, look to your efforts as a measure of your success. You certainly sound like a dedicated person to me!
You'reso right , I just had 7 plus months but my mind after volunteering was solely on the election results. Not very smart but that’s what I let happen.

Oh, breathing? Yeah, taught yoga and pranayama was one on my specialties. ❤️
Old 11-23-2020, 05:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Anxiety/depression is part of my diagnosis. For the anxiety try a distraction. Put a puzzle together, I like drawing or artsy stuff. The point is do something that you once found fun, interesting, special or what not and focus on that.
No drinking on meds! Ok!
Hows the diet? eating healthy?