Notices

Hot Mess

Old 11-23-2020, 06:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

KC I feel you on the election week. I was doing “ok” prior to that meaning I was still letting the alcoholic voice convince me I could handle a glass of wine at dinner. Then election week hit and my drinking got out of control for a solid 8 days...I didn’t care and just wanted to give in to the bottle. It was a level of apathy I’ve never been at before. I was still functioning ok at work but definitely made mistakes that were fixable and not reprimanded (thank god). On 11/9 I was at work riddled with anxiety and hopelessness. Like there was no way out. I called my mom and spilled my guts. I told her I’m an alcoholic. Went to the doctors (we had an appointment a month prior where I semi-disclosed my worry about having a drinking problem) I came clean to the dr and let her know I’m not a person who can drink. I’m going to abstain. She had no judgements. It was relieving not to carry the secrets and lies.

We’ve all been there where we’ve quit and fell back in. The important thing to remember is you are here now and there’s no better day to quit. Don’t let the last 3 weeks wipe away the progress of your months of sobriety. Reevaluate what led you to drink again and next time you’ll be better equipped to face those moments.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you 🙏❤️

Will finish replying tomorrow when I can type on phone again <3
Dozing off and need it badly right now