Notices

Motivation Monday

Old 11-23-2020, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Motivation Monday

I am feeling really motivated today because all year I had been planning on knitting gifts for friends and loved ones for Christmas. Of course not much of that happened because I chose to drown myself and numb myself every evening. I am motivated thinking about the hours and hours of knitting time wasted on nothing, and of how much I am going to be able to get done before Christmas now that I have made this first step. <3

What is motivating you in your sobriety today?
Old 11-23-2020, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Erica375

My family decided to forego gifts this year, as 3 of my 4 kids bought houses and I'm seeing my disability payments shrink in the face of escalating prices everywhere.

But usually, yes, the bulk of my gifts are handmade. Pillowcases, hand embroidered tea towels, knit washcloths with a fancy soap... handmade gifts are the best!
Old 11-23-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The biggest motivator for me right now is the memories I have of how horrible things were when I drank. I'm sober almost 11 months now so I also have a lot to lose if I ever drink again. The emotional stability I have now is also a big motivator.

I'm a sewer and I dislike Christmas shopping. I always dreamed of making money from my sewing but never could because drinking and machinery with needles don't go together.

This year is totally different. I still have issues with the whole Christmas extravaganza BUT It's November 23rd and the shopping is nearly done. And It's all paid for with the 200+ covid masks I've made and sold. I'm doing custom fits for different shape faces. That's what sobriety has done for me in the creativity department...pretty amazing hey?

I say get out the knitting needles!
Old 11-23-2020, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's amazing and inspiring!
Old 11-23-2020, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Living right and trying to make a positive difference, however small, is still a pretty good motivation for me.
Good on you 2much2luv

D
Old 11-24-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope you are still feeling good!

For me, I think I can take the same thing multiple days. Engaging in productive projects (work, hobbies and others) and having a sense of progression. I always have a lot to do. These things usually fall out of the window when I decide to drink, for at least two days, but right now I have both the energy and inspiration. Also working on implementing my recovery plan - I don't recall being this motivated and determined for ages and I don't expect every day to remain the same in the near and far future, but great for now and I am riding the current

I don't have a family and am not crafty, but do graphic art and other interesting things with the computer that I use for my work, or just for fun.

The prospect of finishing up the day in bed sober, with a good book.