Notices

It's been a while but I am back

Old 11-19-2020, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

It's been a while but I am back

Hello to all,

I apologize I have been MIA for months. Things have been up and down. My therapist suggested I reach out here again. I mentioned to her how much I genuinely enjoy SR, all of you fine people and how it has helped me in the past. I don't know where to start, but I started drinking again and had yet another psych hospitalization. This was was back in September and when I got out, I got serious about reaching out to a clinic for help. I got a psychiatrist and started taking my bi-polar meds again and I had a month sober. I felt I turned the corner and I should have reached out here then, but as we all know I am a knucklehead to the extreme.

I recently got hit with a lawsuit over unpaid credit card debt & medical debt that wasn't exactly a surprise. I have absolutely nothing, so I am filing a Chapter 7 for the first time in my life. I used to be so good about my finances, but as we all know every alcoholic eventually goes broke. I'm terrified and I just feel like this might be the lowest bottom for me. My family helped me with an attorney which I am very grateful for. I guess the only way to go from here is up, or if I still continue to drink, jail or death.

Missed you all.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back PuckLuck, and I'm sorry for what you've been going through. But, it sounds as if you've taken positive steps to help yourself. You can ensure that this is your lowest bottom by stopping drinking and moving forward. It won't be easy, but as you said, if you continue to drink, things will surely worsen. Being in a financial mess is not the worst and not the end. You have family support, you have an attorney and you can heal.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Welcome back PuckLuck, and I'm sorry for what you've been going through. But, it sounds as if you've taken positive steps to help yourself. You can ensure that this is your lowest bottom by stopping drinking and moving forward. It won't be easy, but as you said, if you continue to drink, things will surely worsen. Being in a financial mess is not the worst and not the end. You have family support, you have an attorney and you can heal.
Thank you, Anna.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am really glad you’re back PL
I’m sorry about the financial issues but a lot of folks bounce back from bankruptcy...and if folks like us are anything, we’re resilient

D
Old 11-19-2020, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I am really glad you’re back PL
I’m sorry about the financial issues but a lot of folks bounce back from bankruptcy...and if folks like us are anything, we’re resilient

D
Hi Dee,

And thank you. I just absolutely hate dealing with any legal crap. It really makes me so nervous because of my experience with handcuffs. Not saying that's the case at all, but it just brings back very bad memories.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Puck, so so good to see you honey.....we missed you a lot! s ❤️

I am sorry you have to deal with all of this....I was also scared due to the horrible financial mess I was in.
Bit by bit I worked through it. I know it's scary, but you are doing the right thing now.
Eventually that feels good.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back PuckLuck, I'm glad you're no longer MIA. I'm sorry to read of your financial issues, but as my dear departed Grandmother used to say "your health is your wealth", and the older I become, the more I realise it's true. I don't believe your'e a knucklehead - just saying! Please keep reading and posting, you CAN do this!
Old 11-19-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great you're back PuckLuck. If we remain sober we can get our house in order again. You seem to be doing all of the right things so keep coming back and taking the next right step and you'll get there.

Couldn't ignore the comparison between alcohol and handcuffs. It'll keep us in chains forever if we let it.

Welcome back.

Old 11-19-2020, 12:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Thank you all very much. I hope you are doing well.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's good to see you back, PuckLuck!
Old 11-19-2020, 01:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Very glad to see you back Puck. I've always rooted for you. I know it's hard with mental health issues to get sober. It's just so damn hard. You've got stay on those meds though man. Stay on them until you can get some long term sobriety, then talk to doc about getting off of them if at all possible.

As far as the bankruptcy goes, I've NEVER met someone, who after going through BK didn't wish they had done is sooner. Lots of people go through it and it will turn out to be a blessing I believe. Also, these days your credit bounces back really fast. I had something akin to a foreclosure and three years later my credit was 700+ again and I was purchasing a house.

Really glad you're back.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm happy to see you returning too, PuckLuck. This is a comforting & encouraging place, no matter what's going on in our lives. We're glad you're part of our family.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Sounds like things are pretty rough right now. Wishing you the best with your recovery.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome back PuckLuck! I am recently back too. I had an up and down fall with drinking but nothing like you experienced. I wish you the best. I’m in the November group as well and will be using SR a lot. Please join us if you would like. We were both in the July group if you recall.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Thank you to all.

Got through all the filing paperwork today which was exhausting. My last drunk was absolutely ugly. Ended up falling down the stairs multiple times, think I ran to a neighbors house, bruises all over and ended up in a vehicle with a total stranger (long story and I don't even remember half of it) drinking straight from a bottle of vodka. That's pretty damn terrifying.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Very glad to see you back Puck. I've always rooted for you. I know it's hard with mental health issues to get sober. It's just so damn hard. You've got stay on those meds though man. Stay on them until you can get some long term sobriety, then talk to doc about getting off of them if at all possible.

As far as the bankruptcy goes, I've NEVER met someone, who after going through BK didn't wish they had done is sooner. Lots of people go through it and it will turn out to be a blessing I believe. Also, these days your credit bounces back really fast. I had something akin to a foreclosure and three years later my credit was 700+ again and I was purchasing a house.

Really glad you're back.
I really have to take them. I lost my damn mind after two days of going off them. I gained weight taking my meds since September and I don't even feel like myself anymore. Not that I ever really knew who I was to begin with, but I'm sure you understand.

Thanks Betterman.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Puck! I just popped in to SR after being away for a few months and went looking for you first. Glad to see you are back! You are right though that it can only be up from here! Welcome back!
Old 11-22-2020, 01:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Hey Puck! I just popped in to SR after being away for a few months and went looking for you first. Glad to see you are back! You are right though that it can only be up from here! Welcome back!
Thanks, Max! Good to be back.

Hope you are doing well!