Notices

Heading to the beach? Weekenders - 20-23 November 2020

Old 11-22-2020, 10:00 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I went for a 3 hour walk in the forest. Alfie took off after the Deer which were very visible, probably as it is rutting season. Goodness knows how many miles he ran, the deer was about three times as big as him.

Robbie the zip is so the the lead can be attached to the harness, not doggy treats. nice idea though.

Willow, Alfie is tolerating Daisy better now but it is no love story. He only tries to kill her a few times a week now!

A tree Bim, that is very festive. I am a total Grinch and wish it was over already. There will be no trees here.

My GP has said I might be able to get steroid injections in my hip. I wondered if any of you have had any experience of them? Fed up with being in pain all the time.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:04 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I'm far from a festive person. Usually I just suffer through the holidays and I haven't put up my tree in years, but I need it. The sparkly twinkly will cheer my solitary life. I don't have a lot of good family Christmas memories, but I can enjoy the little ornaments I have bought.

I hope the steroid injections help.

I heart Daisy in her jacket.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:17 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Some non festive twinkles for us Bim.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Samantha

Woo hooo. Made it through yestersay. Today I cleaned a bit, played video games, watched TV. I feel like if I go for a walk, I'm going to walk to the liquor store so that is out for now. I'm so bored these cravings are worse than ever!!!
Old 11-22-2020, 11:15 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Robbie, I hope your team rallied in the second half yesterday.

Bimini, I've always (since I was on my own) thought that a tabletop size tree was perfect. Of course my wife wants a big tree each year with the associated furniture moving and boxes of stuff to go on it.

Kaily, that looks like a perfect jacket for daisy.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:23 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

If I had kids in the house I'd make a big deal of Christmas, but it's really just for the kids anyway. Magical stuff when you're little.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:08 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Robbie, I hope your team rallied in the second half yesterday.
Sadly not. In fact they were worse in the second half, conceded another goal and we got beat 2-0 in the end. We were abysmal! The only good thing is that the team didn't get booed off by the fans at the end though that is purely because no spectators are allowed in the ground at the moment due to Covid restrictions...
Old 11-22-2020, 01:41 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Sadly not. In fact they were worse in the second half, conceded another goal and we got beat 2-0 in the end. We were abysmal! The only good thing is that the team didn't get booed off by the fans at the end though that is purely because no spectators are allowed in the ground at the moment due to Covid restrictions...
Ah Robbie. I think my lovely team might have been booed off too, though they did lose by a bit of a wonder goal by Oldham! We had the longest unbeaten run in all the leagues and now it's sadly gone
Old 11-22-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Kaily a friend of mine had steroid injections in her shoulder (twice) and said it really helped with pain relief. They repeated it after a period of time (I can’t remember how long) and she’s still going well many months down the track
Old 11-22-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Magsie

Samantha, you’re doing good, keep going.

Kaily, I’ve not had the steroid injections but I know the tablet form for me in the past were excellent. My friend had the injection in her foot and gave her much relief. As Willow said, it needs to be repeated after time.

Old 11-22-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I just finished my last assignment for the year for my art studies. Just awaiting a hyperintelligent friend to read it over, then submit.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:04 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Samantha, you’re doing good, keep going.

Kaily, I’ve not had the steroid injections but I know the tablet form for me in the past were excellent. My friend had the injection in her foot and gave her much relief. As Willow said, it needs to be repeated after time.
so sweet mags thank you. I'm fine.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:51 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing the steroid injection experiences. I am keen to try it but due to the pandemic it will probably be a long wait. I also wonder how long the needle will be to get all the way into my hip!

Anxious you could go walking without taking any form of payment out with you. I did that for months when I first got sober. So didn't matter how tempted I was to go in the shop, I couldn't.

Well done on your assignment PJ.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:24 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

I survived the weekend Received my books and ironed a little bit...my goal is to get rid of that pile I have been looking at since February or so
Day 16. I hope you are well, SRenders!
Old 11-23-2020, 01:10 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

Congratulations on day 16 Velvetee. Have fun with the ironing.

Kaily, I’m sure you could find out the details of the injection, but the relief outweighs the injection I’m sure.

Cold and frosty here this morning. I was going to the farm shop but may leave it until the morning. and stay in the warm.

Take care. xxxx
Old 11-23-2020, 02:25 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Mr

Howdy weekender afficionados !
Hope everyone got through the weekend.
Mags it's been frosty every morning here for the last 4 or 5 days. This morning -2 °c bringing mini vman to school.
I like to put up xmas deco and the tree and some outside lights. Indeed as Bim said its magical for mini vman (7). I always liked xmas, not big on new years eve. Must have a few nice memories wedged in there somewhere in the unconcious from childhood. Not a big fan on the xmas meals with the inlaws though. Always table full of wine champagne whisky ricard... Might just niggle out of it this year, covid excuse brewing...God inlaws

I hit 8 months a few days ago. It's nice to be in control of my life for once.

Take care folks
Old 11-23-2020, 02:38 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Vinny, congratulations on 8 months it’ll be exciting for mini VMan, it’s a good age for Christmas.

I wasn’t going to bother with the tree this year, my cat only wrecks it. But Mr. Mags wants to put decs up so we probably will.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:16 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great job vetvetee!! Keep it up xx
Old 11-23-2020, 06:56 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I am with you Mags, my cats will trash a tree but to be honest part of me wants that sparkle and twinkle this year after the year we have had. x
Old 11-23-2020, 07:00 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Velvetee, when I was a kid we had a neighbor lady who did all our ironing for us. I suspect it wouldn't have gotten done otherwise.

Great job making it through the weekend sober, everyone. It's a big deal, especially if you're in the first few months. Keep it going, it's so worth the struggle now to get to the peace and health.

Gosh, I watched the one season of "Alone" that's on Netflix U.S. That will stay with me for a while. It's a wilderness/reality/adventure series where people are left out in the wild with only a few things and they have to survive on their skills. No guns. For months. The season I watched was in the Arctic and the people were left there in mid-September. Seven men and three women, in separate areas with no contact with each other. Whoever stays the longest and stays healthy enough to pass medical checks wins. Holy moly.