Old 11-21-2020, 01:49 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

^
Hi PhoenixJ! How are you today?
Old 11-21-2020, 02:33 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hello all

Hope our weekenders are doing well

Today, I am 28 days bulimia-free - methinks that's FOUR weeks!!! Yippeeeeeeeee!

Old 11-21-2020, 02:55 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
(((Willow))) not a ramble at all and I really appreciate your response. I remember how much better I was mentally with a long stretch of sober time but the problem is I can’t remember how it actually felt. It’s almost like that happier and calmer Manta wasn’t real. I know that sounds silly.
not silly. she was real & can be again.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Magsie

Relena, Congratulations on 2 weeks , hope you find something to fill the the time, I’ve not watched the Crown yet. I think I’d be comparing it to the real royals constantly.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:34 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi PJ
Old 11-21-2020, 03:39 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Woke up sad because of no work and being home all the time is getting old, as I know it is for others! But, I'm not pouring booze down my throat and I can take some walks.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hello Devizes, congratulations on 4 weeks

Hello too to relena and congratulations on 2+ weeks.

Hi Awake. Yes, being at home all the time can be hard. Do you have anything you could do around the house, or perhaps you could go for a walk. I find making planning the night before on what to do the next day helps. I hate that feeling of waking up and knowing there's little to do all day. Being stuck in the house all day is not good for me.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

If wife and kid are gone and I'm at home for the weekend with nothing pressing to do, I like to zone out with something like a ken burns documentary series.

Robbie, my team plays at noon as well. That used to mean that I was going to have to start drinking at noon, which kind of sucked because there would need to a form of management to prevent getting torn down too early.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Robbie, my team plays at noon as well. That used to mean that I was going to have to start drinking at noon, which kind of sucked because there would need to a form of management to prevent getting torn down too early.
In days of old I would have been in the pub by now (it's 1.30pm here in the UK) to watch the match and would probably be on my 4th or 5th pint by now. Then after the game had finished I would probably have bought some cans of lager and have gone home and drank them all by the end of the night. Instead I've just had a nice lunch and a cup of tea. Much more pleasant and less destructive.

My team is currently getting beat though! (they are the team in my profile picture) The second half will be starting soon so fingers crossed for a better outcome...
Old 11-21-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Relena, Congratulations on 2 weeks , hope you find something to fill the the time, I’ve not watched the Crown yet. I think I’d be comparing it to the real royals constantly.
Thank you, the show started picking up. I was always passionate about history, and I love almost all the BBC Masterpiece shows. Even though this is a Netflix original it seemed up my alley. It's just hard to enjoy anything right now. I'm cranky all of the time and want to jump out of my skin.

I googled the real royals thinking it was another show. That is how screwed up my sleep schedule or lack thereof is right now.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:16 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Eggnog coffee. That's about all I've got right now.

The walk's Nature Highlight yesterday was the local Bald Eagle flying into its nest with a stick! Awesome. They do "nestorations" each year just before laying eggs. They build up the sides of it like a crib rail so the little ones don't topple out. As the young get older and bigger, it gets beat up and the edges get pushed away. Perfect take-off and landing platform. Pretty exciting for me to see. The Florida eagles on the streaming camera still are building two nests. No idea what's going on there.

I have one of these memory jars, I write down all the cool wild animal moments from robins hunting to Bobcats, Orcas and Humpback Whales. It's so full I'm going to have to get a bigger jar:

Blessings of the Blue Planet

Sober Saturday morning never gets old.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you BigShoe! Congratulations on six days, hopefully a week by now.

Congratulations to you too relena. It used to cheer me up a bit counting up how much money I HADN'T spent on booze. 14 times average daily spend will not be insignificant.

You don't see cats on beaches do you or at least I haven't. I do see a few who live on the canal houseboats though.

"Who's that cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about
Sao!" Oh no wait a minute, it's Shaft not Sao. Truth be known I would probably be the first to cop out. I do own a sand coloured roll neck jumper like John Shaft though.

BTW it features Charles Pitts on guitar incorporating the best use of a wah-wah pedal ever.

https://youtu.be/rYriOuyJU5I

Old 11-21-2020, 10:52 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Check out Nathan Beach Cat on IG!! Although Nathan seems to be an acceptable girl name in Aus where in the UK it a total boys name. I also follow Salty Cat who is a Scottish sea cat living on a boat, Miss Rigby Boat Kitty in the Caribbean...should I get out more lol!! X
Old 11-21-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Awake, just wanted to reach out as I hear you xx
Old 11-21-2020, 11:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thank you MantaLady for reaching out. It means a lot when others truly understand. I'm gonna look up Salty cat!
Old 11-21-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

hi weekenders

Manta I don’t think that’s silly at all. I think that happy Manta is real, and she’ll be back again ❤️

Awake I hope you’re feeling a little better today

Congratulations on 4 weeks Devises and 2 weeks Relena!

It’s Sunday morning sleep in day here and I woke up at 4.45am! I tried to go back to sleep but it’s not happening. It’s 4.45 now and as I’m still awake, I might as well go and get coffee lol
Old 11-21-2020, 12:05 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

No booze Saturday yay! Hang in there, all
Old 11-21-2020, 12:07 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Go Velvetee!! You are smashing this and each day you feel better is another plus xx keep it up xx
Old 11-21-2020, 12:54 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

How is your day so far Miss Willow? It’s nearly 9pm in the UK?
Old 11-21-2020, 01:08 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sorry you woke up so early Willow.

At some point a few months ago it occurred to me that it would be funny to take the money I would have spent each day on beer and buy stocks in Anheuser Busch. Only ended up buying a few hundred bucks worth. Still think it's funny.