Notices

I'm new here and need support

Old 05-03-2021, 10:54 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your experience. Reading these stories are helping to motivate me on my latest attempt at sobriety. I'm am only on day 2 this time around. Please keep coming around when you have time!
Old 05-03-2021, 11:00 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cornishman View Post
Welcome. I'm also new to the forum and similar to you in terms of past relapses. I'm currently on 7 days and just about getting my sanity back after a very rough week. Just keeping busy is the best thing to do, as you seem to be. I think my main mistake in the past has been that 'I'm fine now - I can have one glass of wine, one beer etc.' That can be true for that day, but the next day it happens again and then it's two, three, 20...
I know now, I can't have ONE drink. Not saying I won't mistake again, of course.
Exactly! I am the biggest self-sabotager. Every time I get on a good, positive, and healthy roll where I am feeling good I think it is okay to dabble in bad habits because "hey, I'm doing good. I got this." Except I don't and the next thing I know I'm at the bottom of the slippery slope, in shambles, again. I've had to go through this several times to where, now, I think I finally understand this and can never go back to such negative behaviors again. The biggest one is, of course, drinking.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:32 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post
Congratulations, Velvetee! I always love to see people like you, coming here for support at start, using this site and other resources for a while, then just going and living your life with many sober projects and improvements. Hope you can get back to the gym soon. Onwards!
Thank you Gyms have been closed since October here, so I am very excited to go back at the reopening!

Originally Posted by Cornishman View Post
Welcome. I'm also new to the forum and similar to you in terms of past relapses. I'm currently on 7 days and just about getting my sanity back after a very rough week. Just keeping busy is the best thing to do, as you seem to be. I think my main mistake in the past has been that 'I'm fine now - I can have one glass of wine, one beer etc.' That can be true for that day, but the next day it happens again and then it's two, three, 20...
I know now, I can't have ONE drink. Not saying I won't mistake again, of course.
I like how my mind is crystal clear now and what I have been doing with myself, body and soul. Therapy helped me big time. Stay strong!

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Welcome velvetee😍
Thanks, I'm kinda old to the place now
Old 05-03-2021, 12:37 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Great job on your recovery, that's the way to do it Velvetee!

Thanks for coming back and sharing!
I remember how reading such things was beneficial to me at the beginning so I kinda wanted to do the same to those who have been struggling. I was saying to my therapist last week, I don't feel like I am strong enough to get tempted so I stay really away from any alcohol temptation. Eating healthy stuff and taking over-the-counter supplements helped a lot.

Originally Posted by FinallyLucid View Post
Congrats!! I think we might have the same quit date of 11/7/2020.
I was drunk as **** on the 7th haha. The 8th was my first sober day Let's be twinzzzz!
Old 05-03-2021, 01:36 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroubleAfoot View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience. Reading these stories are helping to motivate me on my latest attempt at sobriety. I'm am only on day 2 this time around. Please keep coming around when you have time!
I was on day 2 as well at one point. All the sober peepz have been there, we know how hard it is. I am only close to 6 months tho, which is not much compared to the journey I intend to go through.

Originally Posted by TroubleAfoot View Post
Exactly! I am the biggest self-sabotager. Every time I get on a good, positive, and healthy roll where I am feeling good I think it is okay to dabble in bad habits because "hey, I'm doing good. I got this." Except I don't and the next thing I know I'm at the bottom of the slippery slope, in shambles, again. I've had to go through this several times to where, now, I think I finally understand this and can never go back to such negative behaviors again. The biggest one is, of course, drinking.
I buy myself an alcohol-free beer (beer is not my drink of choice) on special occasions, 0% because sometimes manufacturers play around that 0 and that's about all slipping-wise. The medication I take is not compatible with alcohol either. You are the biggest self-sabotager but you are also the only person who can help yourself
Old 05-03-2021, 02:53 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 6 months

D
Old 05-06-2021, 09:01 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on 6 months

D
Thank you D
Old 05-06-2021, 11:38 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi. Congratulations on your progress, good effort! Im on day 9.

Good to see how someone's life can improve from staying sober... Kinda need that right now. Thanks for sharing