Notices

15 hours

Old 11-11-2020, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

15 hours

15 hours sober and I honestly feel fine, great even... I’ve decided to take some time of drinking but scared what might happen the next couple days. Any advice?
Old 11-11-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Without knowing much about you, it's hard to offer advice. But the one thing most of us in recovery have in common is that we made a plan.

I use AA, exercise and some medication to stay sober. Others meditate or read self help books or use Smart Recovery meetings. Most of us can not simply use willpower. Once we get far enough away from our last drunk the memories of the suffering fade and eventually another drink doesn't sound like too bad of an idea.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Generally the first few days stopping drinking involve feeling blah, little appetite and insomnia. But, it depends a lot on the person and how much and how long you've been drinking. I hope you continue to feel well and you've made a good choice to stop drinking. In order to recover, it's a good idea to have a plan as to how you will live without alcohol.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Drink lots of water and juice, eat easy food, like soup, crackers, bananas. How severe your withdrawal will be depends on a lot of factors. You may be fine, but if you start feeling really bad, get medical help.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some good advice here - if you do start to feel poorly (Hope not!) consider seeing your Dr.

welcome **