Notices

a year and one month -how i am

Old 11-11-2020, 01:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

a year and one month -how i am

Hey everyone sorry for not being around so much , am a year and one month clean and sober , Av been gone for a while and the reason i havent been around is that if i go to places that talk about drink or drugs even in the way of recovery i will start to want the drink or drugs so out of site out of mind kinda thing i just wanted to let you all know ama year and one month clean av got my testosterone and am doing ok and am a lot better off without going to meetings etc i keep myself busy most of the time av even started getting into games and reading more , mindfulness and positive attitude so i thought id let you all know am safe sober and well
Old 11-11-2020, 01:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's fantastic, Serenity. Congratulations!!!
Old 11-11-2020, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great news!
Old 11-11-2020, 03:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear you are doing well serenityriver

D
Old 11-11-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's right, you haven't been around for awhile. I too wondered about how healthy it was to be talking about alcohol all the time. I eventually quit going to meetings because of that, but to be honest, I just got tired of talking about it. I wasn't afraid of getting drunk again. I was actually way past that. I just had enough. Some might ask, "How can you ever have enough?" I guess it's something that some of us just come to understand. But if I ever got to the point of seriously considering a drink, I'd get back to a meeting the day that happened.

Obviously, since I'm here, it's not like I never want to talk about alcohol and addiction again. There's that often referred to happy medium in all things we do, that Goldilocks zone, I suppose. I have a close friend who got sober on his own years ago, and every once in a while we talk about how different and how good our lives are now, maybe once every couple of months or so.

The perplexities of addiction and the individual approaches to sobriety we used is something that still interests me, and this forum has actually helped me sort out somethings about myself in a way that makes me more comfortable (there's always more to learn).

I welcome your post. It's a slightly different perspective and of special interest to me. And of course, congratulations on a job well done. It's good hearing from you.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time. I certainly do see the point you’re making about abstaining from all thoughts of drinking. I really hope you decide to update us again in the future because positive posts like this is what people like me crave. I’ll have my first year in January.