Notices

Something Finally Happened

Old 11-11-2020, 11:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Hi Mitra,

You’re doing good on accepting and understanding what you’re going through. Believe it or not, every next hour that you don’t drink becomes the very best hour of your life in the past TEN YEARS.

You’re on your way out of the hellhole and will very soon begin to accept the ultimate DEATH of the drunken you. And that may provoke a sort of sadness I came to reflect upon bittersweetly.

GT
Old 11-11-2020, 04:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

We are here in your corner Mitra - you can do this

D
Old 11-11-2020, 04:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the replies. I survived day 4.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

and just to add, I have one helluva clean house now.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Goodonya, Mitra!
That's the way it's done.

I was anal to the extent of obnoxious with my clean house habits when I first got sober. Good thing for me, there was no one here to annoy with it. I figure if I must be compulsive, it's better to channel obsession into something that makes me feel good about myself.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am taking a break from doing dishes myself. It is amazing how many chores I could ignore while drunk.
Stay strong.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you found SR, Mitra! This is a good place and you'll find support and understanding here.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Folks,

Thanks again for all the support. I'm still hanging on. Day 13. Didn't update because I wanted to run with it and see how I was feeling after the fog lifted and see if I could really do it. I can say, the family stuff did hit the fan and war ensued but sober me is owning it. Drunk me would have been on the frontlines creating more havoc for everyone, namely myself. Yesterday was the first day I had an incredible urge to drink. Two triggers; I went shopping and the stores and neighborhood are dressed up for Christmas (excuse to 'celebrate' = drink heavily season) and then someone flipped me the bird in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Angry me got fired up for a bit. Came home, had a bath and listened to some sober podcasts. It passed.

I've also noticed a strange sensation in the last few days. Some things smell and taste like booze to me. I was drinking a chai tea and I thought I could smell and taste alcohol ever so clearly. Also cleaned my floors with orange lysol and when I came back inside after being out, my house smelt like a boozy cocktail. This is not really triggering me because I was never a hard alcohol drinker, even in my deepest oblivions, I knew to stay clear of it early on. I was bad when drinking beer but hard liquor for some reason could make me behave absolutely evil. But, this sensory thing is certainly strange and I wanted to share that experience.

Anyways - this is where I'm at in my recovery journey and also Happy Friday to you all.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Mitra, day 13 too here, we are sobriety twins! Stay strong!!
Old 11-20-2020, 07:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey there, I am on day 17, What a trip. I too am like you female and drank heavily for 28 years. I ready a good book, This Naked Mind. It will explain how you get addicted to alcohol and how the body metabolizes it. A very good read. You will have challenges, temptations but you can NEVER give into them. We can not have just one. We also have to learn how to socialize while sober. That is another trip.... I am not sure that people will like me while I am sober....But here I am
Old 11-20-2020, 10:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Glad it's going well so far Mitra. I was pretty fragile physically and mentally (brain fog, loss of concentration) during my early months. Just know that it gets better. Focus on sobriety for now and leave the big stuff for later.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on nearly 2 weeks Mitra

I too smelt alcohol everywhere and tasted it sometimes in the early days...not sure why that happened beyond a broken brain but it never lasted for long
Old 11-21-2020, 12:12 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Happy to hear you are still on track Mitra! Believe me know how the fallout from drunken behaviors can linger! I get the alcohol smell thing too it scares me but sometimes I enjoy the reminder. Sigh . The smell of hand sanitizer is overwhelming to me I can smell that from across the room. You got through your urges to drink with something much more relaxing that is good to hear! Keep on going!