Notices

I apologize

Old 11-09-2020, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I apologize

A short time ago I posted about being dissatisfied (again) with life in general. It probably upset some of you. Its no secret if you've been around here for awhile that I likely suffer from some form of depression. If I'm drinking it will pop up at any time, when sober, I'm mostly fine. With that said, about every 3-6 months even when sober I have a down day. It just happens. I posted when I was having a down day and should not have.

I'm doing better than I have in a LONG time. I deal with the same crap all of you deal with every day, but its better than being "sick" all the time from alcohol. Sick in more ways than one. Life is life, but sobriety really truly is the way to go if alcohol has tried to destroy you and your life. Smiles everyone, things will be ok. Jeff
Old 11-09-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Not going to say a lot other than get ya, don’t beat yourself up and move on xx
Old 11-09-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Sometimes I need my down days to inspire a search for solutions. I say pick up the pieces and move forward
Old 11-09-2020, 08:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have read many of your threads including the recent one and personally feel there is no need whatever to apologise. Just my 2c.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with sortofhomecomin.

We all have down days.

I am quite simply glad that you are overall doing well and sober, my friend.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
A short time ago I posted about being dissatisfied (again) with life in general. It probably upset some of you. Its no secret if you've been around here for awhile that I likely suffer from some form of depression. If I'm drinking it will pop up at any time, when sober, I'm mostly fine. With that said, about every 3-6 months even when sober I have a down day. It just happens. I posted when I was having a down day and should not have.

I'm doing better than I have in a LONG time. I deal with the same crap all of you deal with every day, but its better than being "sick" all the time from alcohol. Sick in more ways than one. Life is life, but sobriety really truly is the way to go if alcohol has tried to destroy you and your life. Smiles everyone, things will be ok. Jeff
I don't know where I saw it but recently I saw someone saying: 'If you're feeling down don't apologise that your shizzle isn't as bad as other people's. It's not a competition'. There is a not a limited amount of low-mood to go round, you are not stealing it from others!!

Personally I have been very poorly served by thinking that, because someone is worse off than me, I shouldn't be open and honest about my own struggles. This led to all sorts of internalizing things and not feeling worthy of other peoples time, support and care.

Some days suck. Some people suck. Some employers suck. Some (maybe all!) pandemics suck. Some relatives suck. Some parents suck. Some kids suck! Some situations suck. Some spouses suck. Some weather sucks.

This forum seems as good a place as any to blow off steam about these suckers and I reckon it's all good and healthy. Then I carry on in the real world feeling healthier that people who understand me have understood me ♥️

Old 11-09-2020, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jeff I think all of us relate to your comments about having a bad day. It happens, it's part of life. You're doing great.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nez

Down days happen. The good news is that because I have them, I can recognize and appreciate the up days when they happen.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good to hear you are doing well. A nice pick-me-up today. Keep it moving and keep us in the loop.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

No apology necessary.
I’m glad things are looking up again Jeff.

D
Old 11-10-2020, 07:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If we don’t acknowledge when we are sad, how in the world will we recognize it when happiness rears its elusive head?

I spent years labeling all feelings as, “Time for a drink!”. That’s a lot to unlearn.

From C.S. Lewis’ A Grief Observed:
One never meets just Cancer, or War, or Unhappiness (or Happiness). One only meets each hour or moment that comes. All manner of ups and downs. Many bad spots in our best times, many good ones in our worst. One never gets the total impact of what we call ‘the thing itself’. But we call it wrongly. The thing itself is simply all these ups and downs: the rest is a name or an idea.

Old 11-10-2020, 07:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Life is so hard at times. No need to apologize. Let it out. Feel it and move forward with the help of your SR Friends!