Notices

Sober Friday Night

Old 11-06-2020, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Friday Night

It is going to feel so good to not wake up with a hangover tomorrow morning for once! This morning I prayed to stay sober just for today because I always drink every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. One day at a time works because that is all I can handle.

Old 11-06-2020, 05:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, it will feel wonderful. I remember just lying there being so grateful to not have the cotton mouth/headache/shakes/regret & remorse. Who needs it? Well done, Chung.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My Man!! Enjoy that restful night of sleep and great day tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am right there with you. I am only on day 4, so this is my first Friday in a very very long time. Stay strong, stay sober
Old 11-06-2020, 07:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

no no, Chung, you DON’T always drink every friday.
you are not drinking THIS friday.
way to go!!
Old 11-06-2020, 08:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Samantha

Yes exactly! One day at a time. Focus on what you can and that will help you succeed.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

The folks that are in the best shape are in the gym on Friday and Saturday night.

We get high in the gym. Endorphins, Adrenaline, Dopamine. Then we go home, have a great dinner, watch some TV, and sleep like babies with naturally produced melatonin.

This is as we were designed.

Drinking shots of wisky on Friday night and waking up destroyed was the old uneducated active addict me.

Now I know better. The AV is present, but my SR/AA training lets me defeat it.

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My nightly gratitude, I thank God for another day sober.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awake so early on a Saturday morning and ready to drink some coffee, attend a AA zoom meeting. I’m going to hit the gym hard today. I always have worked out and I always drank....I realize now how this isn’t congruent to a truly healthy lifestyle and I how I minimize my drinking habits because I always go to the gym!

If I put all my consistent effort that I put into drinking and working out towards my recovery, just imagine the results! Just like working out consistently, the results of recovery will come slow and steady and maintenance is constantly needed because if I stop working out, all my hard work goes away almost immediately.

Again I have prayed to have a sober Saturday! I’m definitely reaching out to people who are in recovery today which I have always had trouble with in the past. I always thought I could do recovery alone (self will, ego, etc.), but I absolutely cannot! I am grateful for sure. My children were so happy that Mom was sober on a Friday night 😄
Old 11-07-2020, 04:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chung View Post
Awake so early on a Saturday morning and ready to drink some coffee, attend a AA zoom meeting. I’m going to hit the gym hard today. I always have worked out and I always drank....I realize now how this isn’t congruent to a truly healthy lifestyle and I how I minimize my drinking habits because I always go to the gym!

If I put all my consistent effort that I put into drinking and working out towards my recovery, just imagine the results! Just like working out consistently, the results of recovery will come slow and steady and maintenance is constantly needed because if I stop working out, all my hard work goes away almost immediately.

Again I have prayed to have a sober Saturday! I’m definitely reaching out to people who are in recovery today which I have always had trouble with in the past. I always thought I could do recovery alone (self will, ego, etc.), but I absolutely cannot! I am grateful for sure. My children were so happy that Mom was sober on a Friday night 😄
You've got the right idea and the right mindset Chung. Keep at it! It's going to get better!