Notices

50 Days. Bah.

Old 11-09-2020, 12:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days and welcome! You don't say how long you drank, but your brain chemistry may be altered by the alcohol abuse for months and even years. Also, it is not just a physical addiction. I recommend AA or Secular Sobriety to talk the feelings that make you drink. Best of luck!
Old 11-09-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hang in there freedomfries, it took me a couple of months before the cravings died down so fingers crossed not much longer.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Hi FF,

Are you still on Antabuse?

GT
Yes. I guess it's not really necessary with my big plan but I'm not having side effects from taking it so it can't hurt.

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
FF - 50 is great, congrats. I think Dee's post is valuable - what else can you add to your plan to fortify your sobriety? I focused on getting in really good shape and used that as a platform to make other positive changes. Not everyone is into working out - what can you add that you care about that allows you to take advantage of your sobriety?
I've been meaning to get in shape. I've started running again but finding it hard to get motivated. It's been six days since my last run but I plan on heading out again tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hang in there freedomfries, it took me a couple of months before the cravings died down so fingers crossed not much longer.
That's good to know your cravings died down. Sometimes it feels like I'll feel like this forever.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It seems like forever and that's exactly why many people relapse. It's a illusion cause by our addiction. It will pass, FF. I've been off and on with the exercise too. Maybe time for us to set some serious fitness goals.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well it's day 55. If I make it to tomorrow I'll be eight weeks which is my record since I started drinking alcoholically. I'm seeing my counselor this morning which always makes me want to drink so it'll be tough to get through today. Need to recognize my AV and remember my big plan.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Well I'm 50 days today and I can't say I'm enjoying it a whole lot. AV is very active which is disappointing. I thought it'd have quieted down by now. Even now with the off licence closed, I hear the siren song of hand sanitizer.
Fifty days is wonderful! You've done the hard part, now. However, for me it got easier and easier, but occasionally I get the odd craving. I wish you luck.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Keep it going Freedom Fries!! You’re worth doing this. Yes, this isn’t easy, but let’s keep doing this!
Old 11-11-2020, 04:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey, FF. I really hope your Counselling session goes well. I would assume the thought of going there causes some stress which triggers the AV. Let us know how it goes. behind you 100%.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Well it's day 55. If I make it to tomorrow I'll be eight weeks which is my record since I started drinking alcoholically. I'm seeing my counselor this morning which always makes me want to drink so it'll be tough to get through today. Need to recognize my AV and remember my big plan.
You only need to recall your Big Plan which is impossible to not remember if you were to ever find alcohol within your reach.

You don’t really need to be perfect at the Technique of Recognizing your Addictive Voice. IT happens to be right there in your post. But recognizing IT does make life easier. At least it does for me.

If you make it to tomorrow...”? (So, your Big Plan is fake? NOT. “If” and “counting days” is AV.)

Here are some alternatives that are not from the Addictive Voice:

“eight weeks was my record when I used to be drinking. But since my Big Plan, there’s no need to count time.”

”I’m seeing my counselor this morning which doesn’t make ME want to drink (because I know it’s wrong for me to ever drink again), but upon past appointments it has made MY AV very recognizable.

“So it’ll be tough to get through today without doing some simple recognition of my AV and recalling my Big Plan.” And doing that recognition isn’t really very “tough”. It takes zero calories, zero action, zero expenses, zero involvement or reliance upon other people, and as little as a few seconds of time.