Notices

its late

Old 11-02-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi Least, I am sad. I am 53 years old.
That’s not old, is it? You’re mature enough to do clever stuff and not so old to be restricted. I’m 51 and just started retraining to be a teacher. I wasted the years 2005 to 2017 as a drunk waster. I snapped out of it and have plenty of life left as have you.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The highway, the bloody pawnshops.

Those were the days.

I've had my taste, don't want anymore.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
This is what I needed to hear. My life is not that bad, I was having a bad day. For the most part, I have nothing to complain about.
I dunno, we all have something to complain about! There's an immense amount of misery in the world right now for many reasons, the pandemic being a huge one. Everyone is getting worn down by it- here we are with most of the year occupied with it and we're just now hitting a new peak. I feel like "urge surfing" is necessary to deal with 2020, not just the sobriety aspect of it. We have to consciously remind ourselves that this is just a moment, a time we'll have to muddle through to get to better times.

And I get some of what you're feeling. I'm 51 years old and not living the life I expected when I was 25. Part of living is coming to terms with life on life's terms, if that makes sense. I must also stress that sobriety is necessary for people like us (ie drunks) but sobriety alone isn't enough. Being sober will make it possible to have a meaningful life but we still have to put in the work. That sounds pretty obvious as I type it out but it took me a long time to really understand that.