Notices

My only achievement this past week has been staying sober

Old 10-31-2020, 02:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone that being sober is a huge accomplishment, especially relative to where you were just a few weeks ago. If you can do just a little of those things that you would perceive productive, I would say find a way even if it's not every day and minimal. I usually find that engaging in some productive activity can lift my mood most of the time, even if I had zero motivation for it at start. Sometimes even as simple as dealing with a boring chore.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad to see your still sober, FF. It’s still early days for sure so go easy on yourself. Just a thought but if you’re still serious about engineering would doing some course review be an option? maybe connecting with a faculty advisor could be an option?

Old 10-31-2020, 03:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're not going to drink ff.

I have to move into action too. I'm half looking forward to it.

It can be difficult to take life on again (for me) after so many years of drinking, other drugs. It has been painful.

I prefer the 'pain' of sobriety to the pain of alcohol any day now. It's productive at the very least.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
Glad to see your still sober, FF. It’s still early days for sure so go easy on yourself. Just a thought but if you’re still serious about engineering would doing some course review be an option? maybe connecting with a faculty advisor could be an option?
Second and third year were a complete haze of drinking and drugging. I don't know how I even got into final year. And this was several years ago too. So I plan on reviewing the second and third year modules and planning a final year project over the next few months, so that I'm prepared for final year.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I'm not going for runs, I'm not studying, I'm not restricting myself to 2L of fluids s
You are early in sobriety. Focus on staying sober for now. The other things you can focus on when you feel ready.

That said the sooner you start enjoying life and accomplishing things the better. The longer you wait the easier it will be to say 'Well I'm still not accomplishing anything might as well drink.' Take advantage of the positives of sobriety. Wake up early. Work out. Eat healthy. Volunteer. Hit up a meeting.

The possibilities are endless!
Old 11-02-2020, 12:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So last week was a total write-off. Fresh start today. I made a list of goals for today and I plan on completing it by 6pm.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it through sober FF
Old 11-02-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good to hear, FF. I've had lots of weeks that were write-offs since I got sober....but not nearly as many as I had when I was drinking.

We're all down sometime. The key is brushing ourselves off and getting back at it. You go!