Notices

Class of October 2020 Part 2

Old 10-28-2020, 05:20 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 6 here. No cravings yet except for certain foods, and I want coffee all of the time but I don't give in because my sleep schedule is already messed up enough.

Doctor visit went ok. She wanted to do the ultrasound but I told her I don't have the money and i'll have to wait to do that test in the future. I'll get my bloodwork results back in a week. I cried for a while in the car after I made the payment. Need to find whatever safe work I can soon so me and my kid can eat. I applied to be a night janitor at a few office buildings. Nothing else to report.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning......
Ok....a bit better today. Clean up around the house a bit, get some minor jobs done. Sun's out, always a positive I find.
Heading for weekend.....which turns into "oh, I'll just drink on the weekends.....need something to make them tolerable".
But it never works. There's a saying I think along the lines of stupidity is doing the same thing over and expecting a different outcome.
Sounds about right. The weekend binge then just continues into the week and so on.
Really sick of the physical symptoms too. The sinitus really gets to me, the constant running nose. Its the histamines in the alcohol
I think. And of course the sniffles is not a good look these days.
Only good thing is I may be able to turn down a drink with an amusing claim of being allergic to it. Actually really only 'allergic' to it by the case...but we can skip over the minor details....
The other thing is the itching....itching legs. Some nights I'm just clawing at myself...the more you scratch, worse it gets. And the usual sweating, pounding heart, sleeplessness and all round dark 3 a.m. dark thoughts.
So. Immediate plan is a 4 day weekend to recuperate and come off.....not get too anxious about anything and it'll be a new week.
Have a good day everybody.

(Hi RAL.....I wouldn't claim to be an artist as such, but we're in a design business, so a lot of drawing, hand and digital. Some of it is creative I guess...but there is a lot of fairly mundane labour as well.)
Old 10-28-2020, 09:49 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hey guys, glad to read you guys are hanging in there and finding your ways to cope without giving in. I had another good day, morning meditation, busted my ass at work to keep the mind busy, and ate a healthy lunch. Im trying to dive into the fruits and veggies for healing but struggle with afterwork/late night snacking, a goal im going to tackle next week, baby steps. Sipping decaf peppermint tea while journaling and reading is nice before bed, acupressure mat before passing out helps too. Still find myself waking up at least once to toss and turn for a period of time. Thanks for listening guys, day 3 down.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:29 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

morning all

I hope you get work soon Relena, as well as good results back from your doctor. Great work on day 6

Congrats on day 11 Phil

Soda-glad your day improved. I totally get the impending weekend feeling. Instead of looking at it as an opportunity to drink I'm looking on it as an opportunity to rest, relax and get some tasks done. As others have said it's all about learning new habits. Just think how great you will feel on Monday morning Allergic is definite too. I get red skin, rashes, itching and sniffles, which, as you say, is not a good look nowadays

BTG-congrats on day 3. Sounds like you had a productive and healthy day. Think sleep gets easier the more we stay sober.

Citrus-how are you doing?

So, day 7. 1 week. Amazed how much better I feel though I don't know why I am amazed as have done this hundreds of times and KNOW exactly how much better I feel and am when I don't drink. Quite a busy weekend ahead with halloween outfits, games, chores, paperwork, just general stuff. Does anyone else find they neglect stuff when drinking then when sober realise how long it takes to get up to date with paperwork etc.

The weather here is horrendous, Venus you will understand about the clocks going back I go to work in the dark, I come home in the dark. I suffer with SAD badly. Usually increase meds temporarily through winter and have usually had 2 weeks in the sun in October which helps hugely. I have done neither this time as don't want to become dependent on higher dosage drugs and obviously couldn't travel. hoping to get a few days away next week, just alone. will spend it reading, eating healthily and recharging and hopefully get some sun. Not that any plans can be definite in the current climate but I have hope.

Take care all.x
Old 10-29-2020, 04:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Octoberites, Octsobers and our support crew

A quick post from me. Today I have reached my one month sober milestone and feeling so much better than I did this time last month. I am doing well and feeling quite happy with my progress - but also being very careful to not become complacent, as I know first hand that it is easy to succumb in a weak moment.

Keep up the good work everyone - one day at a time is all that is needed.....
Old 10-29-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Yay Coz, so happy for you love!!!

Old 10-29-2020, 05:00 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by relena View Post
Day 6 here. No cravings yet except for certain foods, and I want coffee all of the time but I don't give in because my sleep schedule is already messed up enough.

Doctor visit went ok. She wanted to do the ultrasound but I told her I don't have the money and i'll have to wait to do that test in the future. I'll get my bloodwork results back in a week. I cried for a while in the car after I made the payment. Need to find whatever safe work I can soon so me and my kid can eat. I applied to be a night janitor at a few office buildings. Nothing else to report.
(((relena))) ❤️

Sending so much love....good on you for looking after yourself here.....and I know how crazy expensive it is.....sigh.....and I hope you get the job. s xx
Old 10-29-2020, 05:04 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days dearest RAL. ❤️

Sitting here in the cold and pouring rain as the light struggles to find a way to make it today.
I am not going to complain though as I don't have to go to work.

Hope you get to glimpse the sun today, or definitely next week. s xx
Old 10-29-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Congratulations to all milestoners!

Day 7 here, and I intend to celebrate this glorious day with homemade apple pie with ice cream.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:14 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Congrats dearest Liz! s ❤️
Old 10-29-2020, 08:06 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all Octsobers! There's some excellent milestones on here.

Special shout to Coz on one month!! Yay!

Sorry about horrendous weather, RAL, but well done on 7 days. You, too, Liz

Hope you warm up soon, Venuscat

I'm now on day 5 bulimia-free. Yippeeee!!!

Last edited by Devizes; 10-29-2020 at 08:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-29-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 5 is superlative love!!! Go you. s

And I don't mind this temp....cold for Aussies, but I got used to it and can now handle 8C. Well, I am inside. s
Old 10-29-2020, 10:39 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcomes.

What a difference a Mirko (my therapist) makes. Since I gave up being so worked up and stressed about trying (and failing) to make sure Ruthie had no "accidents" in the house, get her trained to all the commands she (eventually) needs to understand, etc. and relaxed to let her just be a puppy I am so much happier and so is she. She is so smart. She had to have known my stress level was up and it affected her. Once I quit trying to get it right and just let it be, she relaxed too. She is eating well again and I am just loving her antics and not minding one bit the middle of the night outings, when she lets me know that she needs to go out, instead of a regimented schedule of alarms on my phone. If she has an "accident" no worries. What did I get the Rug Doctor spot cleaner and whole rug cleaner for anyway? Also, a dog this small - how much damage does a piddle do? I am having so much fun with her that I can't believe it. She is going to be my all time buddy and confident - she won't ever spill my secrets LOL. Don't even ask her. She won't tell.

Mrs is definitely leaving (eventually) but on good terms. She even admitted that she wasn't the easiest person to live with. I felt the earth shift. I never could have expected her to admit that. It's being called a temperory seperation, but I think we both expect it to be permenant. My guess is that it will be much better for both of us.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

She's adorable, Charon!

I want a dog too...
Old 10-29-2020, 03:36 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Oh wow congrats on 1 month Coz-so delighted to login and read that tonight

Thanks Venus. I am keeping it very quiet as so many people have strong feelings about travel atm, some pretty nasty tbh I'm not breaking any rules as live in a low risk area and am going to a low risk place where I don't need to quarantine on return. Despite this I feel like a criminal creeping around to avoid judgment and nasty comments. There is so much high tension around it's very worrying as I can see feelings starting to rise again as winter approaches. how is your weather atm? I hope you are ok.x

Congrats Liz, my week sober twin Apple pie and ice cream sounds delicious

Thanks Devizes and congrats on day 5 to you

Charon-your puppy is adorable. I hope she brings you many years of happiness

So off to sleep now ready to start week 2 in the morning. Usually I would be drunk now as have 3 days off work. Not now. Sober and clear headed. Will sleep well and have a day of tasks ahead of me tomorrow.
Sleep well everyone and take care,x
Old 10-29-2020, 03:53 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Our weather is terrible at the moment.

Nite love. Sweet dreams. ❤️
Old 10-29-2020, 05:14 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning........

Up and into it, sun's out, which keeps the mood up. Go out for a brisk walk, try and do this for an hour or so each day.....usually to blow away the hangover which also means it becomes a time of dark rumination on past failures and injustices Today, bit tired, but not hungover, so can think forward. Which is preferable. Back for coffee, breakfast, quick shower and into that list of tasks for the morning. Work through it. Once the mails and calls made....can get into the fun stuff for a couple of hours before meetup for a job appointment this afternoon.
Now....need a plan for this. Once meeting done....I'm dropped off and I'm back here alone. Its Friday afternoon. Earned a drink now, yes?
Have to try and get through into the early evening, just have to get through the witching hour. Ok....off I go.

have a good day all, later
Old 10-30-2020, 12:11 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Morning all
Have a great day soda

It's nice to be clear headed and sober on a Friday morning. Day 8. What a difference a week makes. Last week I had a hangover and felt like death. Wasted the day, wasted the weekend as I was too ill do do anything productive. Never again. Busy day for me too so will check on properly later. Hope everyone is hanging on in there
Old 10-30-2020, 12:47 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 13 today.

Yesterday was the best day so far. Felt good most of the day, anxiety was down at a manageable level during the period when it usually ramps up (late afternoon until early evening). All in all I was as close to back to normal as I have felt since about July. I have been off work this week to spend time with my family, it is the autumn school holiday this week which I was worried about has been great. I will be back to work next week, still working from home due to covid.

I feel good this morning so far and hope that today will continue on from yesterday and be a good day too. I remember it being more bad than good for a while back when I quit for 18 months but it very rapidly improves to be the other way round and then it gets to the point when drinking really doesn't get much thought at all. I cant wait to be back into that mode.

I will not drink today.

Last edited by Phil71els; 10-30-2020 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-30-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Beautiful dog, Charon

Six days bulimia-free for me today. Yipppppeeeeeee!

Hope everyone is doing well xxxxx