Notices

Rough shape

Old 10-29-2020, 12:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Lots of good sharing in this thread. It's Maria, my name is shiloh and I'm an alcoholic. I'm 57 years old and have been around alcohol and alcohol abuse all my life. I've also been around AA for the majority of that time. I was 12 stepped back in the 80s but was not ready at that time. I sobered up for a year in the late 90s, but then went back out. I was not connected to my program the way I should have been. I continued drinking for another 18 years. Sometimes it was great, but the last five years was utter hell. I sobered up in July 2016. I didn't go to AA for two years, so I guess you could call me a dry drunk at that time. I went back to the rooms when I 12 stepped another person. I was missing the program and the fellowship. This time around I'm digging into it all. I have a sponsor, a homegroup, I'm working my program, am deeply involved in service. It makes all the difference in my life. I know that if I drink again, I will die. I have lost family and friends to this disease throughout the course of my life. I have been restless, irritable and discontent, but I refuse to let it beat me. I'm glad you are here. PS: I'm Canadian too, in the West.