Notices

Today makes 75 days... Low mood lately

Old 10-23-2020, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today makes 75 days... Low mood lately

Today make 75 days for me just wanted to check in. I am still going strong on the path I am about 10 days out from my gastric bypass surgery and feeling better.

One thing that I have noticed from my sober app is that everyday you put how your day was and how your mood was and out of 75 days I've only had two days where I've been happy. All of the other days I've been extremely tired and irritable and bored or angry ETC. Starting to realize that I've been pretty depressed ever since starting my recovery Journey and I'm not normally a depressed person so for me this is not normal.

But also because I was doing so many drugs and drinking for so many years maybe I was depressed underneath but just didn't realize it. I don't know just an observation. I started with a therapist yesterday I did my initial intake..... in the past I haven't made much Headway with therapy but I figured why not give it another try.

Also could just be situational since these times are not normal and I've been under Financial stress and just stress of the world going to **** no social connection, no daycare for my kid, online school, dealing with my anxiety and food addiction, chronic pain, etc

Still better than the roller coaster that I couldn't get off that I was on with my alcohol and drug addiction for sure but I feel uneasy and anxiety over something and can't put my finger on what exactly it is.

Just venting I guess... I hope it does get better as they say... Still no intent to go back to my drug and alcohol using that is all I know
​​​​​​
Old 10-23-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It could just be PAWS but maybe talk to your doctor about it? Do you do anything for your mental health? Exercise, meditation etc?

Congrats on your gastric bypass. I hope you get good results from it.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I do

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
It could just be PAWS but maybe talk to your doctor about it? Do you do anything for your mental health? Exercise, meditation etc?

Congrats on your gastric bypass. I hope you get good results from it.
Yes I do try to exercise and meditate on a regular basis.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats on 75 days!! that’s awesome!! i’m sorry to hear about your depression that’s so hard! i hope you’re able to make progress with your therapist! these times definitely contribute to anxiety/stress/depression so it just may be that you need some extra help right now. so glad you checked in!
Old 10-23-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rsanchez, I'm glad to hear you're at 75 days. Take a moment to acknowledge how far you've come.

Giving therapy another try is a good idea. Hopefully you will find some positive results. If your depression continues, having a therapist to confer with will be helpful.

And, you're right about the situational aspect of your depressions. Things are just plain difficult right now, and winter is approaching. Exercising, as you do, is good for the body, mind and spirit. I'm glad you're recovering from your gastric bypass surgery.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Anna. These are tough times.
Its also true I hit some flat spots in my first 90 days....

Might be worth talking to someone tho, especially as you’ve recently had a pretty life changing operation?

well done tho on 75 days - that’s awesome!

D