Notices

Welcome to Weekenders 23-26 October 2020

Old 10-25-2020, 10:41 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Hiya Weekenders

anxiousrock, don’t beat yourself up with the food binge. One thing at a time. One step in front of the other.

Leigh, sounds like a beautiful evening with amazing sights and memories.

Erica, my hair is getting kinda wayward nowadays. I keep it as Leigh mentioned, most times.

Manta, have a lovely day walking on the Lake District. I love that you’ve everything prepared for a relaxing evening when you land home.

Willow, nice one on squishing the av. A similar thing happened to me with an ad on tv. The thought came and went.

Well the clocks went back without too much pain. I’ve now just got to accept the time it is and not keep thinking it would be so-and-so time if the clocks hadn’t changed.
thanks mags. The food hangover feels worse than alcohol right now lmao. Headache, joint pain, laziness haha.
BUT! Not as much guilt and anxiety...so worse physical but no emotional hangover which I can deal with. Damn food, being so good!
Old 10-25-2020, 10:46 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

and love to all.

Captain, lovely bonsai and I very much agree with the parallels you mentioned.

anxiousrock, I hear you loud and clear; I food binged on a chicken Cordon-Bleu sub to take to the beach the other night. I was sorry that I had it for almost a full day of suffering - likely too much mayo, maybe too much cheese - the “too muches” of what I don’t usually have. Ugh. I do believe that we have to splurge once in a while but have to be careful of our splurge choices.

Great posts everyone.

May Sunday blessings find and enrich each of you.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:48 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you CaptainHaddock. Those are really impressive, well done. I would love to have some but like Manta I am not blessed with green fingers.

Congratulations on 18 weeks Willow!

Well done anxiousrock and don't worry about what you eat in the early days. I ate a lot of junk food but once the not drinking felt more secure it was easier to eat better.

I do NOT like Greenwich Mean Time. We should stay on BST.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Good to see you CaptainHaddock. Those are really impressive, well done. I would love to have some but like Manta I am not blessed with green fingers.

Congratulations on 18 weeks Willow!

Well done anxiousrock and don't worry about what you eat in the early days. I ate a lot of junk food but once the not drinking felt more secure it was easier to eat better.

I do NOT like Greenwich Mean Time. We should stay on BST.
I do need to watch what I eat, actually. For many reasons. My eating disorder issues far surpass those of my drinking problems.
but, I'm getting the hang of everything one step at a time
Old 10-25-2020, 11:03 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

Just popped in to say hi.

Still working on Saturdays, so time is in short supply now.

Though I heard that being busy is a choice. I think it's true - I need to reconsider my priorities.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great weekend. And definition of "great" is as subjective as it gets.

For me any day which involves coffee is not completely beyond repair)

A weekend without alcohol is a win. Undisputedly.

See you)
Old 10-25-2020, 11:24 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

, MidnightBlue; so good to see you. Here’s to coffee!
Old 10-25-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Kaily I hope the lady calls back. How long did you wait before replying? Sometimes the Universe decides for me. Decision by indecision. It's a thing.
I replied a day and a half later. I'm kinda relieved she didn't reply. I could see me letting her come and then telling her she couldn't have them. It wouldn't be the first time. It's not deliberate I just have trouble letting things go.

I had a good day, the sun came out and I did a nice long walk. Came home and rested, then got a second wind and did some gardening. Then a nice hot bubble bath, some painkillers and dinner. Ready for bed now but it is only 6.30.

Hi Midnight.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:34 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

...sitting here drinking coffee, while the brewer gurgles as it finishes making a fresh pot...

Here's our cats, having wasted no time in becoming ensconced in front of the stove with the first fire of the season:

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
IMG_8145.jpeg (43.7 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-25-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

That is a great stove, I bet it is so cosy. Lovely cats too!
Old 10-25-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
I do need to watch what I eat, actually. For many reasons. My eating disorder issues far surpass those of my drinking problems.
but, I'm getting the hang of everything one step at a time
I hear you loud and clear, anxiousrock. I'm nearly 8 years free of alcohol, but food is a nightmare. It's like trying to moderate three times a day and I never could moderate anything. I've given up smoking and alcohol both cold turkey, but my eating disorder is a whole other level

I'm not giving up trying, though. Never ever giving up!
Old 10-25-2020, 11:58 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Sunday evening here now. Sober, weekend success!! Today was day 8. Feeling ok, the clock changing has messed with me a little as it always does so I am exhausted right now. Some TV with tea and chocolate and then a reasonably early night.
Glad to have had a sober weekend!
Old 10-25-2020, 12:11 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Those cats are in heaven. Sunny floor and a fire. All is well with the world.

This time of year I am always trying to re-learn my settings on my old baseboard heaters and old not-at-all-precise thermostats. The other night I forgot to turn down the bedroom one but did turn down the living room and in the middle of the night I woke up in a panicky sweaty nightmare. Well, yeah, being under three blankets in an 80*F bedroom will do that. (27 C)

I just finished making chicken Italian sausage spaghetti sauce and it's on the patio/deck cooling. Time for a walk!! It's beautiful, chilly and clear. Some brave souls are still running in shorts. No, that will not be me.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:26 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Well done on Day 8, Phils. Keep on.

Coldfusion, your cats know a good thing when they see it. Your furry friends have a good life.

Glad you enjoyed your walk, Kaily.

Enjoy your walk, Bim.

Devizes, you gave up the worst; those were huge challenges; my bet is that things with food will fall into place eventually.

Sao, I prefer Day Light Savings time as opposed to Standard Time, too, but most of all, I wish for a consistent year round clock time. The change in time always messes me up.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I have to agree Leigh! Prefer us to have a time and stick to it 24/7 365! I have to get up early to get to the city, 6am without fail...it’s ok for half the year then I have to get used to it really being. 5am get up disguised as 6am. It really messes with my routine and just wish it stopped. x

Threw away 95% of what was in my cupboards as it was all way out of date, half way through the kitchen re-org and whilst it’s not finished I feel so much better already.

Sleep tight everyone xx
Old 10-25-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone 7am Monday here.

A good clean out feels great doesn’t it Manta. I did that on the weekend too, had loads of out of date stuff in the pantry. Most if it’s gone in the chicken pen or the compost bin.

We don’t do time changes where I live, although other states do, so it can mess things up a bit with changing business hours if you’re dealing with people interstate and you forget.

Bim I have been having really weird dreams lately, so decided to start using the aircon again for summer. It’s getting hot at night again and I find I definitely sleep better in the cool air

Monday morning here and I need to get myself sorted for the working week
Old 10-25-2020, 02:35 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Happy Monday, Willow.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Great to see you check in midnight. Whoever said that being busy is optional, much have someone they can mooch off of that stays busy, or is not very concerned about paying any bills, or both.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:05 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Sober weekend number one is in the books. Sunday was easier than Saturday!! On to the work week! This forum has been a huge week during the first week! Thanks y’all!!
Old 10-25-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

TexanJohn. It keeps getting better and better.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:37 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning All

Great to hear from you captain. I wont be pm'ing you

Time to attack a new week.