Notices

Welcome to Weekenders 23-26 October 2020

Old 10-23-2020, 11:49 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning Weekenders

Did you watch the queen's gambit Manta ? I think it's pretty good. We started last night.

Shout out to Captain and MesaMan who we have not seen in a while post...

Happy Saturday 🐣🐸
Old 10-24-2020, 12:27 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I love reading all of your posts, thank you
We’ve been lucky in that there have been very few Covid cases around here. Most people do the right thing but there are occasional people who blatantly disregard the rules. Very annoying. Hence we rarely go anywhere with people, except to work and the grocery store.

Those walking meetings sound great, although I would be nervous meeting new people too. I generally walk on my own. Actually always. I very rarely walk with anyone else. I love just being out in the fresh air with my own company and not having to talk to anyone. I have to talk to people a lot at work, so I enjoy not having to when I’m not at work. I think I’m turning into a grumpy old person
Old 10-24-2020, 01:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Have you watched "Life" on Iplayer Manta? Unfortunately there is a lot of drinking in it that can be quite triggering but it's good. I don't have Netflix or any pay channels.

Still don't know what to do about the sofas. If I sell them I will regret it, it I don't I will regret that too. Gonna have to answer the email soon. I am difficult to live with.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:24 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hello dear weekenders,

Thanks Mags for the thread - your summary of the false promises of alcohol really hit home. Great to see so many posts this week - keep up the good work folks. I like the idea of a walking AA meeting though I've never come across one here. As for learning French I did five years of it at school and got a good grade, though last time I was in Paris (long story...) my mind pretty much went blank...

Work from home is going well though I've largely been left to my own devices this week so have had to be super disciplined. The local television news told us there had been a Covid outbreak in our workplace (about 30 infections so far allegedly) and given that we are the major local employer this is a concern. The company though seems very well organised in this respect so I'm sure everything possible is being done to stop the spread.

Above all else though I remain resolutely sober. Nothing would tempt me to go back to my old life and today I will be grateful.

Warm wishes to all. Forwards.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:39 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, I can be indecisive sometimes too. Mine are more about food. If I (or when I ) go to eat out I can never make my mind up what to have. Then I wished I’d had what the other person I’m with had, usually! I hope you decide what to do about your sofas.

Manta, have you seen the film ‘Inheritance’ on Netflix. It was pretty good. I just finished watching tv series Glitch.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning on this Sober Saturday. I had a 12 hour sleep and I still feel exhausted. I'm taking the last of the benzo script I got coming out of the psych ward. Gotta love benzos but I'll be glad to going back to a 9 hour sleep.

Feeling very lazy today but I've got a few goals.

- complete day 1 of Yoga with Adrienne
- get 200xp on DuoLingo French (around an hour of study)
- go for a 4km walk down the canal

Otherwise going to just chill. Need to be careful not to chill too much but it's early days in my year off (I'm taking a year off college/work to focus on my health after having a seizure and psychotic episode in quick succession recently). I'm ok with resting a bit at the moment but I do plan on being active in my year off, doing some volunteer work, studying for college, keeping busy,
Old 10-24-2020, 01:51 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Saturday cuteness.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:58 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Saturday cuteness.

Adorable! A few years ago we had a female pet cat and our mother decided not to spay her so we would have a litter of kittens to take care of a mice situation. I miss having all those kittens.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:53 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Leigh we have a sodastream, so I make my own sparkling water then add fresh lemon juice and a splash of buderim ginger cordial (made fresh here in our state). It’s delicious

Happy Saturday everyone
Old 10-24-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I'm in for a sober weekend!
Old 10-24-2020, 04:06 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Homemade lemon ginger drinks sound really nice.

I was much more indecisive while drinking.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:16 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Just back from a nice walk down the canal. It was very cold. Should have brought a jacket. It's nice to get out for a sober walk and enjoy the scenery, instead of just walking to/from the off licence.

Day 37 here. Sobriety a little rocky this weekend. Have some AV. But my better self doesn't want to drink. I need to keep that in mind.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:22 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

here for a sober Saturday. Will be working a crazy shift today. All good, as it keeps me focused. Thank you all for your shares. So helps to know I'm not alone.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning all, hope everyone is doing well.

your AV as a bear:

how was your French lesson FreedomFries?
Old 10-24-2020, 04:49 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

The AV is giving me a test today and almost convinced me to order a take out which I know would mean ordering beer...sneaky! Think I should eat instead so going to make the smokey chicken and mushroom linguine! x
Old 10-24-2020, 05:00 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

So this is what Saturday morning without a hangover feels like... Friday was easier than expected.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:13 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by TexanJohn View Post
So this is what Saturday morning without a hangover feels like... Friday was easier than expected.
Great feeling, isn't it? Good job!
Old 10-24-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Well done TexasJohn.

Manta can you go out for a walk? It will help.

I'm just back from mine.

Old 10-24-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great job TexanJohn!!

it’s lashing down with rain Kaily otherwise I would. Facing onto the moors the wind is pretty wild as well!

I went upstairs and paired all the socks in the washing basket and my smalls (well..bridgets haha) and put them away in the drawers, cut up the chicken and added the herbs and spices which are now marinating in the fridge, paired up and sorted a months worth of cat food in the container I keep it in (have to alternate flavours and have them 2 at a time so they both have the same or jealousy ensues).

Now having a cup of tea and the AV seems to have shut up for a bit! x
Old 10-24-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Nice weather today.