Notices

what is up with that place?

Old 12-04-2004, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Techno music misser

Post what is up with that place?

I wondered if anyone else on here has ever expressed similar feelings about this store to the point I did a search--no luck. I am talking about Spencre Gifts (they are usually in every mall). I swear, that place is like an advertisment/encouragement/appetizer/whatever for damn near every form of self-destructive addictive behavior there is!!! I went in there tonight and by the time I got to the back of the store I was sort of missing "the good ol' days" so to speak :yelling I really had to step back and tell myself "what the h*ll are you thinking??" Wow, talk about a starter test of my resiliance!! I had to remind myself of all of the bad sides of the things I was thinking about.

:cursebunn
Old 12-04-2004, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Spensers?Are they still around?lol,I had forgotten about that place.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

It will get better! I like the different lamps, and now my son thinks it's the coolest, he's recently discovered black lights and now they have black light star stickers, he put all over his room, actually quite cool in the dark. It's okay to reminice about the old day's we can't forget the past. I really never got triggered that way, probably will now that I'm conscious of it! *LOL*.. sorry, I know you were serious about this.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Techno music misser

Yep, It's still around (at least in MO)

They do have some cool things in there (I got a cool light for my hawaiian bathroom!) But it seemed like tonight, aside from one corner, it went [i]playboy stuff-sexually aggressive t-shirts etc., Corona, Gambling, Weed, Naked/weed/psychodelic etc. posters, lamps (lots of ones I've seen in clubs I've only gone to on x) x toys, more weed etc etc etc. They have a key chain that says one time I tried snorting coke but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose. Ok, I laughed out loud at that, but still you get the point.

Lord, I just realized I'm starting to sound like my mother...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!