SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I need support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/449842-i-need-support.html)

faith823 10-03-2020 07:23 AM

I need support

Hi,
I am back, I had 5 months sober and have been having a heck of a train wreck, shame ridden, sick beyond any human should experience 7 months.
Today is day 5. I have a blind date tonight with a person who is just so sweet and been speaking too for 2 months. Thought just a couple of drinks to ease the uncomfortableness.
Went on facebook and first message I read was from a person that has really struggling announce 15 months of sobriety. The think is nobody ever posts I have a year or 15 month or 23 month
etc...it stinks....Its always an uplifting positive grateful post. Full of gratitude for life and sobriety. I am emotional but I had that glimmer of hope. This person I am meeting tonight
knows my situation. Has been Sober for 12 years. I could really use a new friend. Since the ex is so distant and is just very blunt with me most times. IDK I am all over the place sorry.
The reason for my post is because I miss all of you guys and I want to be a part of this community again. I want to be clear headed, sober and healthy.
xoxo Faith

biminiblue 10-03-2020 07:36 AM

I'm sorry to hear you've been drinking, but I'm glad you have a few days sober adding up. Keep doing it!

Welcome back.

Erica375 10-03-2020 08:29 AM

Welcome back! Since your new friend has been sober for a long time, I doubt he would want you to show up tipsy. You'll be much better company if you're sober.

Show up sober and as you are, anxiety and all. Then come back here to tell us how awesome it was!

Summerof76 10-03-2020 08:37 AM

I sympathise with you Faith . Anyone who can go 5 days is doing well , so don't have those couple of drinks . Just be yourself . It'll be the same for your date with regards to any , ( possible ) , uncomfortableness .
If you managed 5 months before then you can do it again .
Best wishes to you .

Wastinglife 10-03-2020 08:38 AM

Faith, you probably still have 'hangxiety'. The remnants of alcohol. I usually need 2 weeks to recover and sleep well.

Drink some Gatorade and watch a movie to distract yourself. That's what I do to pass time. I will go out for a quick walk around the block as well and that makes me feel better.

I hope your date goes well!

fishkiller 10-03-2020 08:41 AM

Hang in there. If the date is causing you to consider drinking maybe consider postponing. I'm sure he will understand since he knows your situation.
Just a thought.

Or stay strong, push through and see what happens. As long as you are sober everything will work out.

Anna 10-03-2020 08:58 AM

Faith, welcome back.

You will find lots of support from this community.

faith823 10-03-2020 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Wastinglife (Post 7520220)
Faith, you probably still have 'hangxiety'. The remnants of alcohol. I usually need 2 weeks to recover and sleep well.

Drink some Gatorade and watch a movie to distract yourself. That's what I do to pass time. I will go out for a quick walk around the block as well and that makes me feel better.

I hope your date goes well!

It is the anxious energy from the withdrawel. Thank you for pointing that out. I am not calling it a date. I need to take care of myself first before I embark in a relationship. I will meet for a cup of coffee and stay strong....Thanks guys.

faith823 10-03-2020 09:12 AM

Thank you everyone for the support. Really miss you guys. The softer easier way is to stay close to this community

Dee74 10-03-2020 04:03 PM

Welcome back Faith :)

D

faith823 10-03-2020 04:22 PM

I just checked in............and I saw one more message since my last post and I knew it would be DEE ..Boston time and Adelaide? time is a bit off. or is it Queens

Dee74 10-03-2020 04:26 PM

I'm in Queensland, yeah :)

D

Wastinglife 10-03-2020 05:12 PM

Faith, what happened to the Red Sox?? I am sure everyone misses Tom Brady! I saw Red Sox vs the NY Yankees as an 11 year old at Fenway Park. Someone hit a home run over the 'Green Monster' into the street!

fini 10-03-2020 07:45 PM

welcome back, faith. and way to go on five days sober!
and you know somebody will ask about or suggest a plan...might as well be me: ideas about how to go forward and not end up in the same place?
your new friend might have some very good experience to share.

least 10-03-2020 08:08 PM

Stay sober and enjoy your coffee. :hug:

MythOfSisyphus 10-03-2020 11:27 PM

Welcome back!:grouphug: