Notices

Day 141 bad emotions

Old 10-02-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 141 bad emotions

Today is day 141 off opiates. I just been so frustrating lately. It's like people just don't care about the covid19 no mask, no social distancing no consideration for others. I don't feel like using it's been good no cravings. I've been doing my meditation, exercise reading and getting rid of unnecessary negativity. I know it's just bad moments and will pass.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi stickyone

I have no control over what others might do.
I think all any of us can do is do what we feel is right.

For me that means essentials only travel, masks, gloves and social distancing.

D
Old 10-02-2020, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, it's frustrating sometimes, but just be as careful as you can. Try to only go out if you must. And, great job on 141 days of sobriety.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Yeah, it's frustrating sometimes, but just be as careful as you can. Try to only go out if you must. And, great job on 141 days of sobriety.
Thank you all for the support. It's something I've found the most difficult while getting sober. Not letting others actions get to me, but if has a impact on me and my well-being I want to separate myself from it. It will pass.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Erica375

I hear you, Stickyone. Keep doing what you're doing. And congrats on 141 days! The bad emotions will pass.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just lately I feel like that movie Rocky Balboa. When he comes out of retirement to fight antonio tarver. He's talking to Pauly and starts breaking down that he has all this emotions in the basement and a beast inside. Meditation has helped but it's just I training and sparing with my team. I love to exercise and I push myself. But there is a different feeling when you're tired and you see the other person also tired but keeps grinding. And then the moment come do you get up or just quit. Its the one thing that when I'm in motion nothing matters. It's a euphoria that I miss so much.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I get frustrated too, but like Dee says, I can only do what I think is right for me.

Good job on 141 days clean!
Old 10-02-2020, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I’m in a funk too Sticky. Like you, I won’t use over it, and some days are better than others. It will pass and whatever we’re struggling with today will be hard to remember in a week or a month. Just keep on brother.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
I’m in a funk too Sticky. Like you, I won’t use over it, and some days are better than others. It will pass and whatever we’re struggling with today will be hard to remember in a week or a month. Just keep on brother.
Thanks BABM ,

Feeling better now. Here's the short version. I work all day on the road so public restroom is my only option. I went to use restroom urinal guy walks in uses the one next to me. There was like 4 more other ones available. Then I go to wash my hands there is like 10 handwash sinks guy uses the one next to me and starts coughing. Few hours later I go to another restroom the 2 other guys come in no mask. It just made my anxiety and stress level increase, not to mention didn't have the best sleep.

But that's done. Time to enjoy the rest of the day with my family. I pray no covid19.