Notices

900 days for me

Old 09-29-2020, 08:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow. Just wow!! You’re one of my favs here. Congrats on 900 days. That is amazing. I hope to post the same celebratory post one day.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am glad you still post Less! I have seen many leave as well, but I always find inspiration on SR, or feel good if I can support someone else.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's awesome, lessgravity! I am very glad you've stuck around and I always have to click when I see your posts!
Old 09-30-2020, 11:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you to everyone who responded and everyone here. I got choked up a couple times reading some of the responses here. Not surprising. Many of you have been integral and essential in my path to sobriety.

I was thinking recently, with Covid and the virtual life we are all being forced to live, that we who got sober at SR have been ahead of the curve!

I repeat myself but I want to say that the meaning and value that sobriety (via SR) has provided me and my life and my loved ones, my dreams, my personal expectations - all that matters in my life - is beyond measure. The person I am as a sober father, husband, business partner, citizen, neighbor, and the man I am for my self is still flawed and needs constant daily work - but that's life. That person, sober, has a chance that he never did as a drunk - to be the person he might be in his best moments, days etc. Sobriety doesn't solve the problems of life, but it gives you the chance to embrace those problems and obstacles and to do the work that matters most.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 900 days! I remember you were here when I arrived in 2015. I’m still here but end up reading more than posting. I’ll have 4 years of sobriety on Nov. 15 and very grateful for SR and AA. The best decision I ever made was putting down the drink. Glad you’ve found peace and serenity too! Cherish each day!
Old 09-30-2020, 09:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well said, lessgravity! We're all flawed, and while we should strive towards perfection we can't let perfection be the enemy of the good. I try to be a little better today than I was yesterday. To be human is to make mistakes but to learn from them and grow.