SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 50 for me! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/449774-day-50-me.html)

Rsanchez920 09-28-2020 11:07 AM

Day 50 for me!

Just wanted to pop in for my periodical check in... time has been flying! today will make 50 days alcohol and drug free!

it's still going pretty well and like I mentioned before... this time I am not white-knuckling it at all I am super excited that alcohol and drugs are not in my life and I don't miss it or long for it and I don't think that my life is lacking because of it neither am I thinking in the back of my head when might I be able to start again and moderate it like I was last time...that won't be an option for me... last weekend the weather was so nice I had a fleeting thought about drinking but I was able to tell myself the truth about what that was going to be like.

I attribute my change in mind state to the "this naked mind" book and "sober curious" podcast and the "inner child workbook" I also got off of all social media and do a bath and meditation every night as my ritual. It has helped so much!

All is not perfect I'm still dealing with food addiction, anger and anxiety but am conscious of it and working on those things... Hope everyone is well!!

stickyone 09-28-2020 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 (Post 7517691)
Just wanted to pop in for my periodical check in... time has been flying! today will make 50 days alcohol and drug free!

it's still going pretty well and like I mentioned before... this time I am not white-knuckling it at all I am super excited that alcohol and drugs are not in my life and I don't miss it or long for it and I don't think that my life is lacking because of it neither am I thinking in the back of my head when might I be able to start again and moderate it like I was last time...that won't be an option for me... last weekend the weather was so nice I had a fleeting thought about drinking but I was able to tell myself the truth about what that was going to be like.

I attribute my change in mind state to the "this naked mind" book and "sober curious" podcast and the "inner child workbook" I also got off of all social media and do a bath and meditation every night as my ritual. It has helped so much!

All is not perfect I'm still dealing with food addiction, anger and anxiety but am conscious of it and working on those things... Hope everyone is well!!

Congrats on day 50. Yes meditation, exercise and reading has help me also alot with my sobriety.

Meraviglioso 09-28-2020 11:36 AM

Fantastic news! I have followed your journey and know you have worked so hard for this, it makes it all that more sweeter, doesn't it? Keep up the great work, we are all proud of you!

Rsanchez920 09-28-2020 11:38 AM

Thanks😁

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso (Post 7517701)
Fantastic news! I have followed your journey and know you have worked so hard for this, it makes it all that more sweeter, doesn't it? Keep up the great work, we are all proud of you!

Thank you for the encouragement 🙏🙏

Robbie64 09-28-2020 12:29 PM

Congratulations on 50 days and on having developed a good plan on how to stay alcohol and drug free.

Sober45 09-28-2020 03:17 PM

Congratulations on 50 days! You’re doing such a great job on developing a healthy routine. After almost 9 months sober I still feel the same sense of awe that I’m actually sober:).

Rsanchez920 09-28-2020 03:48 PM

Yayyy!!

Originally Posted by Sober45 (Post 7517868)
Congratulations on 50 days! You’re doing such a great job on developing a healthy routine. After almost 9 months sober I still feel the same sense of awe that I’m actually sober:).

Glad to hear the amazement never ends😉

Dee74 09-28-2020 04:14 PM

Congrats rsanchez :)

D

least 09-29-2020 09:19 AM

Congrats on 50 days! :)

Noam19 09-30-2020 05:03 AM

Great job! I also read this Naked Mind a little over 2 months ago...I'll have 60 days later this week. I'm re-reading it again and this time highlighting anything that jumped out to my experience or subconscious. I truly think this book has made more difference for me than any of the other books I read on alcohol use. I highly recommend that and her podcast as a supplement.

Rsanchez920 09-30-2020 07:54 AM

That awesome

Originally Posted by Noam19 (Post 7518588)
Great job! I also read this Naked Mind a little over 2 months ago...I'll have 60 days later this week. I'm re-reading it again and this time highlighting anything that jumped out to my experience or subconscious. I truly think this book has made more difference for me than any of the other books I read on alcohol use. I highly recommend that and her podcast as a supplement.

I agree it's a game changer. People either love or hate the book... It's very fact and science based not nessicarily a fun read,highlighting would be helpful for sure

Gabe1980 09-30-2020 08:14 AM

Well done...that's amazing. Thank you for sharing! :c011:

brighterday1234 09-30-2020 09:56 AM

Congratulations on 50 days sober!