Notices

Checking in 1 month 7 days sober!

Old 09-17-2020, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in 1 month 7 days sober!

Just wanted to check in on where I'm at. Still doing pretty well I would say because I'm not drinking or using drugs of course that doesn't mean there aren't other problems I'm having but I will take these problems over the hangover and regret any day.

A few of the ups and downs I'm experiencing are:
​​​​​​
As I've mentioned before I have a really bad binge eating disorder so none of my clothes fit and I put on about 15 lb just in the last month which for me is pretty devastating since I literally had 90 percent my stomach cut out a few years back (*shaking my head*&#128553 yet I still binge... I've started to try and get some recovery help for my eating disorder but it just seems like a lot when I already just stopped drinking as well...(just needed to vent, no diet mentioning plz)

also my energy levels are very low despite taking all of my supplements and iron and working out daily, sleeping more etc

In good news I'm still actively involved in my recovery and reading books and consuming podcast daily also using meditations and affirmations and have definitely solidified as a fact in my mind that I am not missing out on anything by not drinking and there's no reason for it in my life again. I have no thoughts in my mind about ever trying to moderate or thinking that maybe when I get control of it it could be a part of my life again. And I think that's what's keeping me sober is knowing those things... opposed to last time I was thinking but what about my upcoming vacation? What about Christmas? What about my birthday? What about this weekend? I have already gone through sober birthday and a work dinner and I am excited for whenever I get the chance to have more sober Milestones wether it be a sober wedding, sober vacation, excetera... I am ready to actually remember the event and be present and see what it's like. I've had 2 cravings so far and I was like "go!!!! Leave!! Get out of my head!" I shut it down so fast.

Another good thing is work has picked up tremendously and usually work is a big trigger for me because as you know a lot of work environments are centered heavily around alcohol and it used to be a trigger for me now it's like I don't even think about it whatsoever and I've been earning a lot more money I think in part to my sobriety and being more on top of things and actually me and my business partner are starting a new business that will be getting up and running off the ground in the next two weeks.... it has been one of my life goals to start a business of this size and magnitude so while I am nervous and I know a lot of work is ahead I feel I'm clear-headed enough to take it on.

if you have even gotten this far then thank you so much for reading lol

Some of the podcasts and books that have been helping me are the bubble hour on Audible and sober curious on Audible and also this naked mind if anyone is curious.

Hope everyone is doing well! I plan on checking in periodically
​​​​​​
Old 09-17-2020, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

great news!
Old 09-17-2020, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I’m in early sobriety and I’ve been eating poorly and my energy levels are way down too. I’m trying not to let it get to me too much though. It’s a coping mechanism, we’re adapting to real life and we need some comfort. We know it’s an issue and if we can do a little better each day then we’ll get it under control. I’ve told myself that for the first year I will not worry too
much about it. Sobriety. Sobriety. Sobriety.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
I’m in early sobriety and I’ve been eating poorly and my energy levels are way down too. I’m trying not to let it get to me too much though. It’s a coping mechanism, we’re adapting to real life and we need some comfort. We know it’s an issue and if we can do a little better each day then we’ll get it under control. I’ve told myself that for the first year I will not worry too
much about it. Sobriety. Sobriety. Sobriety.
Thanks BABM good reminder... Being sober is more important right now🙏💪
Old 09-17-2020, 10:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

High FIVE!!
Old 09-17-2020, 10:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Starting a new business sounds exciting. I hope it goes well. And, congratulations on your sobriety.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time 🙏
Old 09-17-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to see you are doing well rsanchez

D
Old 09-17-2020, 06:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everyone

Much appreciated 🙏🙏
Old 09-17-2020, 07:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your increasing sober time! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done on your sober time.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations Rsanchez. Thought I hadn't seen you for a while.

I am the same. Don't want to drink; don't need to drink; don't miss a drink. Gratefully.

And then (for me) came the mental stuff, and it's hard yakka.

Just keep working on it. You sound to be going really great to me.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well done, sounds like you are really taking on your addiction rather than passively hoping it will go away!!
Old 09-18-2020, 11:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awesome! I have enjoyed watching your journey since you got here this summer ( I think it was) and am really happy you have good sobriety. I don't consider myself to have an eating disorder but boy was I binging on ice cream etc recently so I think you might have more issues there than you were having before. I would agree that sobriety is probably most important right now but of course your opinion is the only one that matters here Great job on sobriety and getting started on the eating issues.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Max

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Awesome! I have enjoyed watching your journey since you got here this summer ( I think it was) and am really happy you have good sobriety. I don't consider myself to have an eating disorder but boy was I binging on ice cream etc recently so I think you might have more issues there than you were having before. I would agree that sobriety is probably most important right now but of course your opinion is the only one that matters here Great job on sobriety and getting started on the eating issues.
It was actually last summer that I first posted😳 wow can't believe I've been at this over a year already... Been crazy