Notices

Here is where I am

Old 09-18-2020, 10:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LumenandNyx View Post
Hi,

Okay - the AV can be considered an EVIL CHILD. What do we do with a child when it arrives at a monumental disaster of an idea? We say "No."

We don't explain why. We don't get into a debate. We don't give it conversation. We just say "No." And walk away.

That's it. Don't drink. Send your AV to it's room and keep the door closed by every means possible.

You can do this if you only will.
Welcome ladytron. For me it is a lot like what lumen put above. If I engage with the AV it will win. I have to just sluff it off. Also, I am totally in the camp of never again and at this point I am comfortable with that. You need to work on changing your line of thinking. Alcohol just sucks in any amount for anyone. It is not needed and is a carcinogen. It is poison as far as the body is considered in any amount alcoholic or not. Try to work on changing your mindset. I don't envy moderate drinkers anymore.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. After I posted yesterday I turned on my daily en minute meditation. Part of it included these statements.

May I be happy.
May I be healthy.
May I be safe.
May I be peaceful and at ease.

I want all of the above each and every day and for the rest of my life. None of these will be achievable for me if I drink alcohol. It’s pretty simplistic, but there is clearly no room for alcohol in the life I want for myself, and I am feeling pretty happy about having the universe spell it out fo4 me in a 10 minute daily meditation!

Old 09-20-2020, 07:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

6 weeks

6 weeks today since my last brandy and Diet Coke. Weekends are a quiet time for me compared to the rest of the week when work, family etc usually have me kept busy. I live alone so the weekends can be lonely (not all the time, sometimes I have my grandson to stay and that is a joy) but sometimes it seems hard to fill the time when that’s not the case. Post op means I am unable to drive for another 2 weeks so today I am musing on how to make the weekends a more pleasurable time for me, things I can do to help fill the hours. Cooking nice food, watching some classic old films from the 70’s, long walks when I am fully recovered from the op. Long baths with classical music, good books, Sunday morning coffee outdoors somewhere. Turning the weekend lonely hours to a positive time to focus on myself seems like the way to go. I’ll keep working on that list.