Notices

Opiate withdrawl question

Old 09-08-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Opiate withdrawl question

Thank you in advance. i’m on my 15th day of detox. At times I am feeling better. I’ve never had anxiety before but around 4 PM every night is when I get a severe taste of it. I don’t know if I’m correct but 4 PM was one of the times I used to always take a Norco. Today was the first time I went out in public which has never fight me in my entire life and I almost had a panic attack. I’m fairly certain this is from the opiate since I’ve never had this before but who knows anyone have any insight or knowledge when this ends?
Old 09-08-2020, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kowser - welcome aboard

I don't know anything much about norcos or opiate withdrawal but it's pretty common to feel the urge if you used at a particular time of the day.
Making new routines and a little time will help.

High anxiety and panic attacks are pretty common too.

If you've never had them before hopefully this is just related to withdrawal and you'll feel better soon
Old 09-08-2020, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

15 days off opiates is great! Good job!

Since you haven't experienced anxiety and panic attacks before, hopefully they will ease up before long. Try this to help you through the tough moments and it will help to ground you:

: Acknowledge fivethings you see around you, anything in your surroundings.
: Acknowledge four things you can touch around you. ...
: Acknowledge three things you hear. ...
: Acknowledge two things you can smell. ...
: Acknowledge one thing you can taste.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I know nothing about opiates, but I do know that you'll find lots of support and useful advice here.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kowser View Post
Thank you in advance. i’m on my 15th day of detox. At times I am feeling better. I’ve never had anxiety before but around 4 PM every night is when I get a severe taste of it. I don’t know if I’m correct but 4 PM was one of the times I used to always take a Norco. Today was the first time I went out in public which has never fight me in my entire life and I almost had a panic attack. I’m fairly certain this is from the opiate since I’ve never had this before but who knows anyone have any insight or knowledge when this ends?
Good job on the 15 days
I'm on day 118 clean from opiates. Depending on how long you've been using and the amount. But from my experience it's normal your brain is rewiring itself and that time is when you're body and receptors were used to the fix. Anxiety comes with it keep motivated and keep posting here. It gets better but it is a up and down rollercoaster. Take care