Notices

Alcohol was killing me but at day 1 again

Old 09-08-2020, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol was killing me but at day 1 again

So today I found out I'm allergic/my G.I system cant handle certain foods PLUS my family has a serious issue with G.I cancers, one of the things my GI cant handle...fermented things! Yeap! Wine, beer e.t.c. WINE WAS GIVING ME CANCER!! and what did I do?? as a 'goodbye' to this poison, I drank... 3 glasses to be exact. much less than I did but now I know even one makes a painful death that much more real. I thought dealing with my mental issues would "cure" my problem with booze and to a certain level it did. But here I am at day one. Goodbye wine.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like you have some pretty excellent reasons to make this your last quit Orchid - welcome back

D
Old 09-08-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ZIP

Maintaining or improving health is one of the chief reasons to give up booze. That's what inspired me to quit and stay AF. I simply didn't want to burden my family with premature ailments linked to alcoholism. Stay dry.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dealing with my mental issues was necessary for my recovery, but I still had to stop drinking. Self-medicating my issues with alcohol just created a second problem to deal with.

You got some good information about your GI issues and you have a great reason for not drinking.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Zip,Anna :-)
Dee, dont call it a come back... haha no really I've been lurking on here everyday, sometimes I forget to log in :-)
but yea, I'm done... I've been done for a while but this news just I dunno, I wanted to taste it one last time I guess.